Armscor M-200 Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I'm thinking, later down the road, about getting a handgun, possibly a revolver. And I'm wondering, is the Armscor M-200 in .38SP is a good gun? I haven't found anything on the gun, as far as reviews goes, and no one seems to bash it, neither.

Anyone have any sayings about the gun, or could possibly suggest a gun that's a revolver. I like old fashioned guns, it's just me I guess.:D
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

3. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

4. southernshooter

The good thing about a revovler is their ain't much to break and not work and it can't be picky about ammo it goes bang regardlss
  5. Mosin, it so happens I very recently purchased the exact revolver you are referring to, the Armscorp 200, for use as a vehicle gun. As you know, they are not terribly expensive and I didn't want to carry around an expensive weapon in the truck in case of theft. I was not terribly happy. Now, my experience may not be typical and I consider the jury to still be out on the company. When I got the revolver home, before I had even tested it on the range, I noticed that the ejector would not stay screwed tightly to the ejector rod. I took the revolver back to the dealer, he contacted the company (in fact, he talked to the president of the USA branch) about the problem. To make a long story short, the dealer was told to return the revolver for repair or replacement at no expense to me. I still have not yet received it back. My experience could just be a fluke that got past their quality control. I won't know until I get it back and put a couple of hundred rounds through it for testing. I'll let you know what I find out.
  6. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Well, least you can say that they took it back, at no cost to you, and are willing to repair or replace it.

I'm not REALLY picky on price, but I'm not going to spend more then $400-500, before s/h, on a hand gun, just the same. I'm also opened to suggestions on a good revolver, new or used, that's not extremely expensive to shoot.
  7. southernshooter

You could get a S&W police trade in for that price range
  8. Another possibility, Mosin, is the S&W Mod 637. It's an aluminium alloy .38 special J-frame and a very excellent revolver. In fact, I own two of them. S&W has been pushing them recently and the last I saw you could get one right at $400.00 Far better revolver than the Armscorp 200.
  9. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

I should've mentioned, I don't like snub-nose pistols, they're to small for my hands. I need something with a full grip and at least 4" bbl.

I'm looking through the Gunsamerica and Gunsbroker websites, and GA has some nice selections.
  10. lead

lead Active Member

I've seen a couple of the Armscor revolvers for sale and they didn't impress me as being made as well as the 1911's. Two used ones I looked at were loose and didn't lock up well. The fit and finish didn't impress me either.
    If you are looking at a new gun in a reasonable price range, i'd look at Taurus or Rossi(which is made by Taurus). If used is okay with you, shop around for a good used S&W. There are a number of old Model 10's out there that are still excellent guns for the money.
  11. Sounds to me like the Model 64 or Model 686 Smith might be ideal then, Mosin. MSRP on them is around $630.00, but you can likely find one much cheaper than that.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  12. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

13. lead

lead Active Member

They are both sweet guns. The price is pretty good for the model 14.
  14. Another good choice to look for would be a Smith Mod 15, Mosin, assuming you can locate one. I have one of those that I bought, oh, about 20 years ago. It's by far the most accurate .38 revolver I've ever shot.
  15. deftones1515

deftones1515 New Member

I actually own a model 200, I like it alot, ive put over 500 rounds through it. Its actually somewhat accurate at 50 yards. Im thinking of selling it to get the amscor model 206....I like the shorter barrel.
  16. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

My dad used a S&W 15 when he was in the AirForce, from Germany to the States. A S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece, if I remember right. I'll get one in June, when stuff for work and school blows over.