ARRESTED FOR SELF DEFENSE

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Phoenix, Nov 1, 2008.

1. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Welcome aboard and prayers sent! take down the post ASAP!
  2. Starlord174

Starlord174 New Member

Phoenix, I certainly hope you were more closed-mouth when you were talking to the cops before you got a lawyer than you were in your post. You should never have posted this in a public forum. If the police become aware of it, they can pull off a copy of it and try to use it in court against you. It may be too late in this case to give advice, but for future reference, if you are ever accused of a crime or the police give you an indication they are investigating you, keep your mouth shut until you have a lawyer by your side. As a former police officer, I guarantee you that under these circumstances, the police are not your friends. The military tells recruits, if captured, give name rank and serial number only. Wise advice. Under our constitution, all you are required to tell the police is your name and address. If you are arrested, you must provide the information for the booking procedure. We had a judge refuse to see a prisoner for four days because he refused to answer the booking questions, including his name. The judge cannot give an initial appearance to a John Doe. Other than the information for identification, the police do not need to know anything you have not cleared with your lawyer. Keep your chin up, the wheels of jusice grind slowly, but they grind completely. If you are innocent and the police tell the truth, you will be vindicated.
  3. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Phoenix: Hang in there lady. We are rooting for you.

I'm on your side.
    Although I have NO tng with law enforcement or legal tng, the advice to delete your comments which could help incriminate you is excellent advice.

Try to muddle through it any way you can. That guy's documented record will help you somehow.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008