ASA vs. Rock River

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AZOnecam
    (7/11/02 11:48:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All ASA vs. Rock River
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any comments on these two manufacturers? Also, what do people think of the side-charging uppers (ar15) by ASA?

I am also looking for any critiques of the Comp ML vs Relflex II sites.

Thanks,
    Jason

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/11/02 12:29:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: ASA vs. Rock River
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not a big fan of side charging uppers on AR type
    firearms, mostly personal preference, the Daewoo's
    were great rifles but I would have liked those even
    more if they were top charging uppers.

The other LTS or one of the others can answer better
    than myself as I haven't personally researched or tested
    these two mfg's as of yet.

TFF VMBB Email Tac

Hadaway
    (10/13/02 12:27:45 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: ASA vs Rock River
    I have had a lot of success with Rock River. Their stuff is excellent and is priced right.

Before you decide on ASA's side bolt handle, take a look at my web site. I can install a left side bolt handle for less than half the cost of an ASA or DPMS. An article about my bolt handles will be in "Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement" sometime the first of next year.

Take a look.
    www.thearmsroom.com

Thanks,
    Lee

fijfi
    (12/26/02 2:38:11 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: ASA vs Rock River
    I can not comment on the ASA, however I have a RRA M4 that is one of my favorites to shoot. I also have a RRA 9mm upper on the way. that will combined with a yellow CavArms lower. Although I might get another RRA lower and make it a complete RRA dedicated 9mm. The fit and finish of the RRA is 2nd to none IMHO.

Jamie
  2. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

I bought an ASA 16" carbine a few years ago. I bought it straight from thier showroom as they are here in AZ where I am. Nice rifle, fit and finish is very nice and it has not had one problem. Plus they stand behind their guns. When I bought mine they said if I ever had a problem with the gun, not to even attempt to fix it, just bring it back and they would take care of it, for life. What more can you ask for...
    Just my $.02
    Jason