1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ASK about GUNS - - -

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I have three chidren ,son 13 daughter 15, daughter 20, and they all have been shooting since they were three years old. Started with a Chipmunk single shot 22.Now my oldest wants to get her CHL when she turns 21.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

D. Dog, you're on the right website; I just hope you vote, early, and often.
    Kids, with guns, are, to many folks, a threat, as they never really understood the rules; My kids, with guns, are my second life insurance policy!
    Both girls understand the rules of engagement, according to 'dad', and will cover his 6 to the end!
    Both shoot as well, or better, than me, depending on motivation, and both are proudly accepted,as such.
    Terrorists, no, unless one makes them such, but effective, YES, with ribbons!!!
    I'm an ex Special Forces Trooper, with really limited periferal vision, where "mission" is concerned; the kids carry all the trump cards, to cover my "6".
    Point is, they shoot, and well. And figger, for themselves, also very well.Should any out there meet my kids, seriously, the smart move is to stand down. I would!
    Good kids, given good values, deliver good results, firearms being just one tool; did I mention that the elder daughter is a student of the study of binary liquid explosives, as well?
  3. Deputy Dawg

I do vote early and allways for the people,who are not trying to take my guns away,unless they prove different then i vote for some else.They get one shot and one shot only to protect my gun rights.Any gun law is a bad gun law. LOCK and LOAD. O buy the way,Rosierita you and your uncle think like i do. I guess it is true all great minds think alike.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  4. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    My former doctor...please note the term "FORMER"...asked me if I had guns in the house while I was in for my annual physical. I've known him since my highschool days, went to college with him, and have even shot doves with him. I just looked at him like he was a bug, then buttoned up my shirt and walked out of his office. Just before the door closed, I turned to him and told him not to even think about sending me a bill. He said he probably would. I replied "the last time you had your butt kicked, I did it....and if I get a bill, you'll get it kicked again." I didn't get a bill. However, I know of at least ten other patients who dropped him like a hot rock when he asked them about guns in their homes.

Serves him right...he was getting that "god complex" anyway.

John
  5. Deputy Dawg

The nerve of some poeple, it is none of there business.I think i need to go out and buy some more to feel good again.
  6. mpdc3870

mpdc3870 New Member

Stash247, loved your post on the good ole' days. Too bad things aren't like that anymore. It's funny though that to whatever degree society has gone downhill, I can attribute the changes to the liberal freako self-important dingbats that look down at us as if WE were the reason things have changed. As far as other parents asking me about weapons in my home, I'd have absolutely no problems explaining to them exactly what I have and describing how each is locked and inaccessible. I'm proud to be an American, hunter, & shooting enthusiast, and have no need to be embarrassed or defensive about it. If THEY don't feel comfortable with it, they don't need to bring their kids to my house. I reserve the same right to be selective about where my kid goes and with whom. I don't think the suggestion for parents to ask about firearms in other peoples homes is inherently bad. Unfortunately, the anti's have once again taken a reasonable concept and lightly massaged it to fulfill their agenda. In this context, the anti's are asking about "guns" in the home as if they might be monsters under the bed (Yeah, I have a .243 in the closet..just don't look at it when you walk past and you should be alright!). None of us need to be concerned about firearms in other peoples homes, what we need to be sure of is that the home owner is a RESPONSIBLE owner should he/she choose to keep them in the house while children are present. Now as far as doctors and such concerning themselves about my firearms, I can't quite figure that one out. I'm a cop, and I remember running into one of my customers while I was off duty doing some shopping, he kinda smirked seeing me out of uniform and asked me "You got your gun on you now?", I just smiled and asked him "How bad do you want to find out?"...Maybe I'll answer the doctor the same way if I get quizzed while I'm getting the next "turn yer' head and cough."
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  7. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

"Guns" to an ole gunnersmate are heavy artillery you know 5"38cal or 5"54cal turret mounted naval "guns" or the main "gun" on a tank or self propelled tracked vehicle. So no I do not have any "guns":D

YET;)
  8. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

I have some "firearms" .... I do not have any "guns" .

I have two kids ( well, they were kids .... they've long since grown-up ) that I started training to shot when they turned 6 years old.
    My son is now Senior Deputy Sheriff for Harris County, TX. .... Daughter was one of the first girls, from Michigan, accepted as a cadet at the Citadel, in Charleston, SC.

Ask my "kids" if the house had guns while they were growing up.
  9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

when my daughters were asked if their dad had a gun, the stock answer was "no, he has an arsenal" funny how none of the boyfriends ever asked to see any.