ASK about GUNS - - -

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin, Jun 22, 2005.

1. mpdc3870

mpdc3870 New Member

Stash247, loved your post on the good ole' days. Too bad things aren't like that anymore. It's funny though that to whatever degree society has gone downhill, I can attribute the changes to the liberal freako self-important dingbats that look down at us as if WE were the reason things have changed. As far as other parents asking me about weapons in my home, I'd have absolutely no problems explaining to them exactly what I have and describing how each is locked and inaccessible. I'm proud to be an American, hunter, & shooting enthusiast, and have no need to be embarrassed or defensive about it. If THEY don't feel comfortable with it, they don't need to bring their kids to my house. I reserve the same right to be selective about where my kid goes and with whom. I don't think the suggestion for parents to ask about firearms in other peoples homes is inherently bad. Unfortunately, the anti's have once again taken a reasonable concept and lightly massaged it to fulfill their agenda. In this context, the anti's are asking about "guns" in the home as if they might be monsters under the bed (Yeah, I have a .243 in the closet..just don't look at it when you walk past and you should be alright!). None of us need to be concerned about firearms in other peoples homes, what we need to be sure of is that the home owner is a RESPONSIBLE owner should he/she choose to keep them in the house while children are present. Now as far as doctors and such concerning themselves about my firearms, I can't quite figure that one out. I'm a cop, and I remember running into one of my customers while I was off duty doing some shopping, he kinda smirked seeing me out of uniform and asked me "You got your gun on you now?", I just smiled and asked him "How bad do you want to find out?"...Maybe I'll answer the doctor the same way if I get quizzed while I'm getting the next "turn yer' head and cough."
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  2. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

"Guns" to an ole gunnersmate are heavy artillery you know 5"38cal or 5"54cal turret mounted naval "guns" or the main "gun" on a tank or self propelled tracked vehicle. So no I do not have any "guns":D

YET;)
  3. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

I have some "firearms" .... I do not have any "guns" .

I have two kids ( well, they were kids .... they've long since grown-up ) that I started training to shot when they turned 6 years old.
    My son is now Senior Deputy Sheriff for Harris County, TX. .... Daughter was one of the first girls, from Michigan, accepted as a cadet at the Citadel, in Charleston, SC.

Ask my "kids" if the house had guns while they were growing up.
  4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

when my daughters were asked if their dad had a gun, the stock answer was "no, he has an arsenal" funny how none of the boyfriends ever asked to see any.