Assassin's Creed 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lead, Oct 30, 2012.

1. lead

lead Active Member

I had to run my kid to Game Stop at midnight last night to pick up the latest and greatest game being released, for this week anyway. I was surprised at the age range there. I expected younger guys, but there were some older guys too. Some were dropping some serious cash, buying special edition stuff, strategy guides, etc. A guy I would guess was in his mid to late 30's in front of me spent over $200. We just got the game.
    I'm sure that if they had these when I was young I would be into them too. I remember thinking Pong was amazing.
    Any gamers here?
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

back when i was a kid i used my imagination. something the kids of today dont have
  3. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I play the call of duty games with my son.
    And yes he has the new one pre orderd.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I play Madden, Forza 4 and Battlefield 2 & 3, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 once in awhile when I'm not busy with school work. Two of my friends play Call of Duty all the time so I go on there and play for an hour once in awhile. Lots of annoying people with microphones on there.
  5. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

My kids have a Wii and a Xbox 360, I don't touch em.

I will stick to internet chess or minesweeper.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Does anybody play Minecraft? I've seen some people at school playing it and I don't know what it is.
  7. cutter

cutter New Member

8. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

sadly, my computer won't even run AC1, much less the new one. even if it did, i would wait a year or so until the price goes down and all the bugs have been ironed out, as well as to see if there's any new DLC released for it.

currently i have installed on my computer:

Rogue Survivor, a Roguelike set in the zombie apocalypse:
    http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/p/about.html
    http://roguesurvivor.proboards.com/

Mount & Blade Warband, a 1st & 3rd person medieval combat simulator/kingdom management game:
    http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php

Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete, a classic nation building strategy game:
    http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_III_Conquests
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_III:_Conquests

Command & Conquer Generals and the expansion, Zero Hour, a totally kickass real time strategy game:D :
    http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Generals
  9. ka64

ka64 Active Member

I play Pong.........
  10. wv hillbilly

BEER?:D
  11. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Back in the 1960s and early 1970s, give akid a whole day with his buddies an dhe will have fough countless wars, rode many ghorses hunting Indians, found frogs the size of elephants, climbed mountains bigger than Everast, met dinasors, and all with nothing but his MIND and the minds of his buddies!

Give akid a stick today and all day long to do somthing with it and all you will hear ALL damn say is "I'm bored, there is nothing to do"!

We are poisening our kids this way IMHO! Ever watch the movie Idiocracy? That is twhat we have to look forward to in several generations down the road IF we do not bring back IMAGINATIONS and show our kids HOW to use it!
  12. wv hillbilly

couldn't agree with you more. so much easier today to hand a kid $5. and tell them to go.
  13. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

what many people don't consider is that computer games are like any other form of art; someone who is good at it can create a masterpiece, and someone who is bad at it will make a piece of garbage, and there are varying degrees of skill and quality in between.

i love video games, but i agree that they should be mostly for grownups. children need a chance to be children, to learn to use their imagination and expand their minds. as such, if i ever have kids, i will make sure they know that the computer is off limits until they reach a certain age.
  14. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

30 year old gamer here, however I noticed an abrupt stop to gameing after having 2 kids
  15. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

This is a "in general" thought not any specific person so do not say "my kids are great and they taught their kids right". Just like saying "kids have no imagination today" is a broad stroke...

I love how all the "older generation" says "kids these days this, kids these days that" yet do not have the comprehension to see IT IS ALL THEIR FAULT. Obviously if you were raised so great and your parents and their parents and their parents and their parents.... were raised so great YOU failed to pass it on to your kids. Otherwise your grandkids would have been raised by your kids right. The break in the chain is your children so either you were not as great a parent as you like to think you were or your kids are not very bright.
  16. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    I can say I did pass it on to my kids and yes they had imaginations. They did not spend all their time in front of the tube or computers. Now mind you they did learn computers in school and one of my kids did so well he is in the military in Intel doing computer intel as his duty but also is in lline for a posting with a "green door" clearence which means he will be in R&D at a USAF Research base. BUT on the othr side of the spectrum is my grand daughters step father. Almost 30 years old, sits in front of a computer playing games ALL day and ALL night, never works, weighs 400+ pounds, and is as useless as a sack of butt holes. So where is his imagination? In a computer game? My grand daughter HAS to use her imagination thankfully since her step father has the computer tied up 24/7/365!
    So while it is easy to say stating "kids today have no imagination" is a broad stroke it is a correct statement! You never heard of kids as young as 10 or 12 when we were growing up getting into the major trouble they do now. We never had parents who sat us in front of a damn box o baby sit us and most of us did not do it with our kids. My kids do not placate their kids (my grand kids) by sitting them in front of a computer of TV as a "baby sitter" YEToh so many do these days. Most that do were them selves done teh same way growing up.
    Maybe I am an exception as are my kids and my grand kids. We ALL would rather be in the woods or on a bank fishoing than to be in front of a computer playing a make believe game. So many who play those games do so because they have no clue how to imagine a world not in a electronic BOX. I often wonder that if the lights were to go out if it really would be a step backwards or actually in the long run a step forward for our future generations.
    So as to broad remarks, here is one, IF you have tme to play a computer game then you have time to take a kid fishing, hunting, or play ball with that kid. Just asking which comes first, the computer or the kids?
  17. wv hillbilly

WELL SAID SIR!
  18. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

As the Chief commented in an e-mail a couple of days ago ;

Albert Einstein said:
    "I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots.
  19. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I personally like simulators, flight simulator, race car simulators are my piece of cake and I'm not shy saying that I can place way up in the top 1% depending on car and track.

The thing that I really like about race simulators is that I have only myself and the last track record to beat.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=115797

Forza Horizon $85.00
    Season Pass for six months $50.00 (new downloadable cars, new races...)

This my gallery for both Forza Horizons and Forza 4
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/Gallery.aspx?gt=Merlin of Troy&fwlhd=1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  20. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i play red alert and comand and conquer with a nephew online

his folks work late a couple days a week so he's home alone

so we get the web cam up play red alert or C&C for a couple hours till his folks get home

its ok