Assassins Target Border Patrol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RugerNiner, Jan 11, 2006.

1. RugerNiner

RugerNiner New Member

Feds: Assassins menace Border Patrol
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS : January 11 , 2006

A ruthless Mexican criminal organization is reportedly plotting to assassinate U.S. Border Patrol agents.
    LOS ANGELES -- Federal officials have warned U.S. Border Patrol agents that they could be the targets of assassins hired by immigrant smugglers, according to a confidential memo obtained by the San Bernardino County Sun newspaper.

"Unidentified Mexican alien smugglers are angry about the increased security along the U.S./Mexico border and have agreed that the best way to deal with U.S. Border Patrol agents is to hire a group of contract killers," the Department of Homeland Security said in a Dec. 21 officer safety alert.

The alert states that the smugglers intend to bring members of the Mara Salvatrucha street gang -- known as MS-13 -- into the country to perform the killings, The Sun reported Tuesday.

Federal officials consider MS-13, with an estimated 30,000 members in 33 states, to be one of the most dangerous gangs in the country. It was formed in Los Angeles by immigrants from El Salvador.

The safety alert was based on an FBI report. An FBI spokes-man in Washington said he could not comment.

Michael Friel, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said he could not comment directly on the confidential memo but recalled that agents' lives have been threatened before.

"It's no surprise that these smugglers, these criminals, would be threatening our agents," Friel said. "And that would be a huge mistake on their part if they try."

On Tuesday, the agency issued a statement saying it takes seriously the risks of securing America's borders.

"Border Patrol agents and CBP officers are prepared to respond appropriately to threats either against the country or themselves," the statement said. "Border Patrol agents and CBP officers have received various types of threats in the past and have worked diligently with their law-enforcement partners to address these threats. ... The difficult and sometimes hazardous duty of securing our borders is CBPs first and foremost responsibility."

Border Patrol officials say assaults on agents increased significantly during the past year.

On Dec. 30, in an incident that strained U.S.-Mexican relations, an agent shot and killed an 18-year-old man who allegedly threw a large rock at him near the wall separating Tijuana and San Diego.

Last week, agents in Texas reported two incidents in which they were shot at from the Mexican side of the border.

T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a 6,500-member union, said the DHS alert proves agents' lives often are at risk.

"MS-13 has shown that its members have very little regard for human life," he said. "Some of the atrocities they have committed are truly unspeakable, and it worries me to know that our agents on the line are now the targets."
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Mostly "Atrocities" towards the defenseless, at least the way I understand it...I've been hearing this buzz for awhile now.

Hear ya humming, but dont see ya coming is the way I feel about it...I'm not saying they wont do anything stupid, but this wont be easy prey, it wont be some innocent girl on the street or a defenseless teen and I PERSONALLY think it's nothing but a bunch of mouth.

Crpdeth
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Crpdeath,

I pray that you are right but I would think it unwise to underestimate these poeple. There is always an idiot wanting to earn his 'bones' who would love to try this.
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Berto

I agree 100% and I rest assured that all of our law enforcement orgazinations recieve treats on a daily basis and take none of them for granted.

I think it unwise to underestimate anyone gangbanger or not, but the one thing I know about a coward though, he will run his mouth behind your back, he wants to be bad so bad, but he has very little butt to back it up...especially against armed Patrols.

Someone who is really serious about doing something just does it.

Crpdeth
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  5. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

Free doughnuts maybe?

You mean like free doughnuts?

:D Hate to the typo police, but I couldn't resist...
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

7. buffalo jump

buffalo jump New Member

Shoot the illegals as they come across and have a bull dozer there to bury them.
  8. dge479

dge479 New Member

Anyone caught assassinating/killing or whatever ya want to call it to any citizen of this country needs to be Executed promptly. They need to go to the front of the line. None of this leathal injection crap either. Give em the chair or firing squad.
    If they are using violence or the threat of violence to change American policy,it sounds like terrorism to me.
    It is about time that as a nation, we treat Gangs for what they are. They are urban terrorists. If they die in a shoot out , so be it. If they engage with the Police , the police should be able shoot to kill with NO fear of leagal repercussions.
    Its these scumbags that give any credence to anti gun jack-asses.
  9. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No threats against our Border Patrolmen and or our country should be taken lightly and anyone deciding to act upon these threats should be handled in the most severe mannor.

You don't want to know how I'd bring illegal border crossings to a screeching halt and what would become of "gang" land in this country if I were placed in total, unlimited, no questions asked control of these problems. (Although probably not much differently from the way many of you would like to handle things too.)

In other words, I think buffalo jump understands one of the very basic ideas to be implemented... but why waste the time and expense of a bulldozer?
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Hello one and all,

I think that this is my first time posting here. But this doesn't mean that this is my first time here as I have read almost everything that everyone has posted for just about a year or so!!

I was really bummed when someone had my name, that would be Marlin, so please don't confuse me with him. I'm wondering if that is his name or just a liking to marlin firearms?

But I'm digressing, this sounds like a good time to send more troops to the border!
  11. Funny thing about "targeting" a group of well-trained, armed men: They've been known to shoot back and hit what they shoot at! I agree, it's way past time to station troops on the border. I wonder how MS-13 would like to tangle with Army or Marine combat troops just back from Iraq?
  12. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

A car load of illegals in Refugio TX. had a shoot out with the local Sheriff Office there Friday, 01-13-06. They said they pulled over a car and the people inside the car jumped out and started shooting at the officers. It was reported that two of them got away. This town is 40 miles south west of Victoria Tx.
  13. dge479

dge479 New Member

I really do think its time to take this seriously. its really long past due. I do not begrudge anyone wanting to better their life,but not at the expence of sneaking across the boarder, violently or not.
    The reality is people think it is cheap labor. however the hidden costs outweigh the savings.
    1st off Illeagal laborers are not paying taxes, nor is the employer (unless they are using a fake ss#,but that too is illeagal)
    2nd is that they cost us ALOT in healthcare,who do you think pays the hospital bills? You and I do. gee ,I wonder why healthcare costs so darn much.
    3rd What is the cost of rounding up the "criminals" involved, Im talking about the drug smugglers, cop killers, theives child molesters, you get the point.
    It doesnt end there either. I think its time to wake up. I know thee are some that consider this borderline racist, but it isnt. You cant have an open door policy. Who knows who is coming her? and why?. How many are even from Mexico? who many come from the middle east and sneak in through there?
    The sad thing is , its been going on so long ,that its like closing the door of the barn after most of the horses ran out.