"Assault" weapons AGAIN

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Gene Seward, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

In the news about the shooting in St. Louis the news stated that the man was armed with an "assault" weapon and a handgun. They didn't even tell what type guns!!!! Is every gun in the world that is used in a bad way an assault gun or what? I hope that it is found out to be a single shot .22 or 410shotgun. It just makes my butt draw up everytime the news or anyone else uses the "assault" word. Now on with other news of the day. LOL
  2. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Pretty sure it was reported as a AK on the day it happened. I have one of the dreaded "assault" rifles. I was also trained by Uncle Sam in its use. I then perfected its use, again, thanks to Uncle Sam and his wacky adventures in the early 90's. I must scare the poop outta the liberals and progressives. I know I'd be scared if I were them...
  3. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I use all of my guns that are legal for it to hunt. I have killed deer with my DPMS .308, and the Bushmaster .223 rifles, and have for years. They never mention that they are hunting rifles. I can see it now when they report someone killed x number of people with a hunting rifle or with a rimfire that is used for target only. NOT!!!!
  4. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I posted this in another thread today...

Attached Files:

5. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Hey now....I was a journalist...
  6. ARB

ARB New Member

You should send that to the networks!:D
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

To the ;Ultra-Liberal nuts and the MSM, ANY GUN is an assault weapon; Likewise, any black long gun [rifle] is characterized as a MACHINE GUN.

There are no others in existence..... :(
  8. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Unless it's capable of FULL AUTOMATIC FIRE, it's NOT an assault rifle. End of story.

There is no journalistic integrity anymore.
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

They have learned that scaring the public is more fun and profitable than accuracy.
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well now, there you go confusing those intellectually superior liberal journalists with facts:eek: If you do that too often, their heads might explode:eek::eek:
  11. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Has anybody heard what he actually had?
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The .50BMG .357Sig 9mm .45ACP WaltherGlockColtHKSig AK-4700194576645/M-1650098897BFG-9000 that shoots 4 million .50BMG.357Sig9mm.45ACP explosive anti-aircraft rocket propelled bullets per second:eek::eek::eek:
  13. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Sorry, I don't really have anything important to add. The most detail I've been able to find said he had a pistol, a shotgun and an "assault rifle" with him.

Then there's this...

Attached Files:

14. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

The original story was it was a "full automatic rifle" I just came unglued. Do they not know what it takes own such a weapon? I just cringe when I hear these stories on the news. Each one takes us a little closer to the precipice.
    Was watching a "cop drama" on TV the other night and a gal showed a bullet hole and said yes that is a 38 hole. Gimme a break! I dont get it.
  15. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I would bet he didn't obtain the weapon legally. I would like to know how many people that used fully-automatic weapons in crimes obtain them legally. I wouldn't be surprised if the number was zero.

I don't think anyone goes through all the hoops to own such a weapon and then just suddenly goes off the deep end.