assembly 22 defender

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by rons, Nov 9, 2012.

1. rons

rons New Member

have purchased 22 caliber defender that has been disassembled--need help reassembling--thanks so much to anyone that can help
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The name Defender has been used by several makers. We need pictures of what you have in order to help.

Jim
  3. RJay

RJay Active Member

If what you have is a revolver ( That information is even unknown ), then the odds are you have a very early Johnson and Bye or Iver Johnson. Only Lamont Cranston knows for sure.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i've a sportco defender last semi auto pistol designed and made in Oz

its a .22 too

imagine a sterling 286 with a bull barrel , i'll take decent pic's one day
  5. rons

rons New Member

it is 7 shot revolver--has 2 1/4 inch round barrel with defender stamped on top of barrel.will have to try to find pictures and post. no other markings or serial #
  6. hrf

hrf Active Member

It's probably this one, by Johnson & Bye (Iver Johnson predecessor)

If so, you can check off the parts you're missing.. :)

(The one shown appears to be a 5 shot .32)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  7. rons

rons New Member

Product
    Manufactured by Iver Johnson and sold by J.P. Lovell Arms. The Defender were made from 1875 to 1888 and the Defender 89 from 1889 to 1895.

.22 short r.f. caliber, 7 shot single action Defender no 1 revolver, spur trigger, solid frame, 2 1/4" round barrel, fluted cylinder, birdhead grips, walnut or checkered black rubber, nickeled, marked DEFENDER

Almost sure this is what I've got--I think Hopkins and Allen also made same revolver but with 2 1/2 in barrel

Thanks for any info on assembly or any other info available