1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Astra 1924 Hope Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by puffrbelly, Jan 17, 2010.

1. puffrbelly

puffrbelly New Member

Greetings All,

I’m a newbie to this forum so please be gentle. I just picked up a nice ASTRA 1924 pistol in .25 ACP and would like some help finding a barrel. It has the original barrel but the rifling is weak. I checked it out when I bought it but after closer inspection I discovered it has some pitting as well. I’m not a diehard collector and I like to shoot what I have but I’m a little concerned about the barrel condition. Also this barrel looks a bit different from the later model ASTRA pistols such as the Firecat and Cub. Any and all help in finding a better barrel will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The only barrel you will find is out of a used parted out gun. There is no source of new barrels for these old Spanish guns. If you find a used barrel, you may very well have the same problem. Pitting as a rule does not hurt the function of the gun. It doesn't raise pressure , effect accuracy nor any other bad thing. If it has faint rifling I would bet it came that way from the factory, no one wears out a 25 ACP barrel. I've shot many a pitted rifle that had minute of angle accuracy. Just makes it harder to clean.
  3. puffrbelly

puffrbelly New Member

Ron,

Sounds OK to me. I appreciate the response and valuable information.

Thanks,
    Bob
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I don't see how firing it could hurt the barrel; shoot the gun and see what happens. Just don't expect MOA groups at 200 meters with that gun.

Jim