Astra 1924 Hope Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by puffrbelly, Jan 17, 2010.

1. puffrbelly

puffrbelly New Member

Greetings All,

I’m a newbie to this forum so please be gentle. I just picked up a nice ASTRA 1924 pistol in .25 ACP and would like some help finding a barrel. It has the original barrel but the rifling is weak. I checked it out when I bought it but after closer inspection I discovered it has some pitting as well. I’m not a diehard collector and I like to shoot what I have but I’m a little concerned about the barrel condition. Also this barrel looks a bit different from the later model ASTRA pistols such as the Firecat and Cub. Any and all help in finding a better barrel will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The only barrel you will find is out of a used parted out gun. There is no source of new barrels for these old Spanish guns. If you find a used barrel, you may very well have the same problem. Pitting as a rule does not hurt the function of the gun. It doesn't raise pressure , effect accuracy nor any other bad thing. If it has faint rifling I would bet it came that way from the factory, no one wears out a 25 ACP barrel. I've shot many a pitted rifle that had minute of angle accuracy. Just makes it harder to clean.
  3. puffrbelly

puffrbelly New Member

Ron,

Sounds OK to me. I appreciate the response and valuable information.

Thanks,
    Bob
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I don't see how firing it could hurt the barrel; shoot the gun and see what happens. Just don't expect MOA groups at 200 meters with that gun.

Jim