Astra 600

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Boogalou
    (3/16/02 5:17:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Astra 600
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is any distributor selling these right now? I see them on the auction boards so dealers must be getting them somewhere. Thanks in advance

velvetnsteel
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/16/02 5:47:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Astra 600
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Haven't seen any of these for a while. Did you do a Google search? Sometimes the info that pops up is amazing. Many times dealers/collectors will pick up a bunch of stuff and hold it til the distributors sell out and then post them on the auctions.
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/16/02 10:37:09 pm)
    Did a quick search on GunsAmerica.com and came up with 5.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/16/02 11:12:45 pm)
    The last import of Astra 600s I am aware of is the batch Hansen & Hansen Co. brought in from the Portugese Military approximately 3 years ago. Most of these are marked "M.R.P." and were Portugese Navy issue. Approximately 20 years ago a huge lot of them were surplused by the West German police and were imported as sets - pistol, holster, and spare magazine. A lot of them I am seeing on the auction sites now are either the former West German police issues, or the Portugese Navy issues. I don't think any new lots of them have been imported.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/18/02 6:27:52 pm)
    So bob, what is a nice 600 with an extra mag and holster really worth? Or, to put it another way, how much would you pay for one?

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/18/02 9:49:00 pm)
    Like the one you are bidding on (chuckle, chuckle)? I noticed that it had a slightly different Portugese military marking than the Navy - might be a Naval Police. I have seen those going upwards of $300 to $350.

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/19/02 8:44:33 am)
    I was bidding on several. The first one went over my $300 limit, so I quit. The other one is already to $275, so I figured to wait until the last minute and see if I can get it for around $300. I'm not willing to go too far beyond that. I did find a nice one on GunsAmerica for $299, I offered him $275 shipped to me. We'll see if I get either of these...

Edited by: gun runner john at: 3/19/02 8:45:30 am

Scott
    (3/19/02 6:53:00 pm)
    Help !! My Astra 600 went fully automatic on me. It appears to need a new sear. I have been unsuccessful locating one. Will an Astra 400 sear work ? Can anyone help me locate a 600 sear ?.....Scott

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/19/02 8:24:03 pm)
    Hi Scott......and welcome to TFF.

St.Louis Bob can probably help you......he's real big on Spanish stuff.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/19/02 9:11:36 pm)
    Wow, an Astra full auto. I am not certain if a 400 sear will work. My first suggestion is to check out Sociedad Largo
    www.9mmlargo.com
    At the bottom of their home website page is some info on various suppliers of Spanish parts. Next, try Springfield Sporters (724) 254-2626. They have some parts for several models of Astras kicking around in their warehouse - but they are a bit disorganized, and slow to ship. Then there is Numrich Gun Parts - biggest parts supplier in the country, but also the most unorganized (845) 679-2417. Finally, the last company to import any quantity of Astra 600s was Hansen & Hansen (a.k.a. Hansen Cartridge Co.) and they bought a bunch of Portugese surplus Astra 600s 4 or 5 years ago. I don't know their phone number off hand, but if you search Astra on GunBroker or Auction Arms, you see them selling magazines for Astra 600s in lots of threes.

Hope you find that sear. If not, put a stock and handgrip on the durn thing and go to town!

seb1899
    (4/3/02 9:08:20 pm)
    You might try: www.marstar.ca/astrafs.htm