Astra Cub

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by TomSwift, Nov 14, 2006.

1. TomSwift

TomSwift New Member

Ok, my mother showed me another of my father's guns that I would like some information on.
    Astra Cub automatic pistol
    .22 cal short
    S/N 171773
    Chrome plated, pearl handles
    In the original box, looks new or nearly so, don't know if it's ever been fired.
    My father purchased it at S.E. Davis Co. in Louisville, Ky in Nov 1970 for about $60. They were more or less a pawn shop, but sold both new and used merchandise, so I don't know if he bought it used or new. Cute little pistol, just curious as to its value. Thanks
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

These little boxed pistols are not all that uncommon, but they do appeal so some buyer/collectors who lean toward curio type firearms. There's almost always one or two NIB for sale at virtually every gun show, and the asking prices are all over the map. People ask anywhere from $150 to $300 for them, but I have observed they usually change hands for around $175 to $225. People tend to buy them and stick them away for years without looking at them. I have a trunk full, as I can't pass by a minty little vest pocket pistol.
  3. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

I have one, but it's been pretty beat up. Cute little thing, has never jamed or failed to fire. Can't say that I have fired it all that much, it's not much of a plinker.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

The Blue Book says:

100% - $250
    98% - $190
    95% - $140
  5. TomSwift

TomSwift New Member

Thanks for the replies!