Astra model 200

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Jkcook34, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Jkcook34

Jkcook34 New Member

I have a astra model 200 25auto it's has all the lookings of a early model with a serial starting 236,xxx also it has the "hope" on both slide and barrel my ? Is is ut worth anything and if there's a collector out there for it , it has a small stress crack on the slide where the slide would catch to stay open is it worth fixing? Any help would be helped thanks
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

You should stop shooting it (for safety reasons) and find a replacement slide.

Repairing such cracks by GTAW welding (aka TIG or Heli-arc) is rarely satisfactory, and will be more expensive than a used slide. I will not attempt such repairs for liability reasons and other reasons.

There are several parts sellers that can be found on the internet. e-GunParts.com is one of the larger ones. Jack First, another; and Bobs Gun Shop in Royal, Arkansas, still another.
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Astra's are good guns but never high dollar and not really considered a collectible item. With a crack in the slide the gun is useless and all you have is a "parts" gun, the parts now are worth more than the gun. Sorry about that.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Depends on the crack size. 25 does not impart a whole bunch or recoil energy to the gun. If the crack is small, I'd stop-drill it, and go on with life.