The Firearms Forum banner

Astra Model 300 Nazi Contract

6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  antiquedr 
#1 ·
jriler
(9/9/02 8:02:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Old Astra Pistol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is another pistol that's been difficult to peg down -- either in date or value. It's an old Astra made in Spain, .32 ACP.

Thanks for any assistance!

Bob In St Louis
*TFF Senior Staff*
(9/9/02 8:20:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Old Astra Pistol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Astra Model 300. The N with a squigly line over it (Spanish letter pronounced "Nyay") is the year date code for 1943. Is there any Nazi waffenampts on it? The Astra factory delivered a lot of M300s made in 1943 to the Nazis, but those were mostly 380 acp versions.Give me the serial number (use "XX" for the last few digits if you wish) and I will research the delivery/end user for you.
Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

jriler
(9/9/02 8:50:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Serial Number
Much obliged for the info. The serial number is 5941XX. Didn't see any Nazi markings.

Bob In St Louis
*TFF Senior Staff*
(9/10/02 7:10:22 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Serial Number
Jriler - I am at work right now, but will look that up for you tonight. Off the top of my head, it looks like a serial number a little bit past the group delivered to the Nazis, but won't know for sure til I look it up.

procrastinator
V.I.P. Member
(9/10/02 8:40:11 am)
Very Good Looking Pistol!
The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Bob In St Louis
*TFF Senior Staff*
(9/10/02 8:22:11 pm)
Well, well, well. Yours was one of a group of 10,000 Model 300s in 7.65 caliber delivered to the Nazis on Feb. 24, 1944 (serial number ranges 593,001 to 603,000).

Not all pistols delivered to the Nazis were waffenampt. Yours is in the proper serial number range, and based on the condition, it could be worth $450 to $550. Outside of the Nazi contract, it would have been worth about $175 to $200.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.