At it again......

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Boris, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Boris

Boris Former Guest

The youngest boy wanted to watch some shooting so I put it on one of the outdoor channels. Some fool with a superooperdooperwhizzerultrabiggerbangermagnum wanted to wait until he had the perfect angle to shoot. The deer walked off without a shot being fired. When these experts (idiots) take that perfect shot they always run off, then they track 'till sundown, then they GIVEUP??!! and wait until morning to go back out to find a half eaten by coyotes deer.

Do people watch these shows and think these idiots (self proclaimed experts) are hunters? I can not wait to get back to MI to get some late season firearm hunting in with my opensighted slug gun. Maybe I will break the 45LC out to go get some small game while I am at it.........

I just need to shoot the TV so I never need to see this crud by accident again.......
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i dont watch hunting shows because they are not hunters,they go to game farms that have guides that know where the deer are.they have fed them all year long and i expect the deer are used to people to some extent.i wouldnt be surprised if half the time the deer arent driven to them. old semperfi
  3. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

I agree with you guys, the hunting shows are people that do not show to me any real hunting skill. I am used to tracking and moving around looking for deer, antelope, or elk. I do not think I could handle sitting in a tree stand and I can not afford a guide. I will say that hunting on horse back has to be my favorite. I have a brother in law with horses and a mules who is always asking me to tag along.
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

At it again is right...was sitting watching one hunting show as the outdoor channel or sportsman was on, and was busy and had it on in the background and not paying much attention when this guy waited and waited for that "perfect" shot. He had a turkey right within 10 or so yards and he missed. Later, a deer comes into the "picture" and he shoots it...a HIT..in the mean time he was tracking it and a boar comes out...."he has to shoot it" and does...he is tracking it with a lot of problems from the get-go and it does get dark on him. (I'm thinking he had to wait til morning) but there was deer coming out everywhere and he was having a difficult time chosing which was the "shooter" buck. In all this fast play, I was wondering what happened to the first deer he had shot the previous evening...? It never showed/told. I actually had to rewind it twice thinking I had missed something....I didnt, the deer he had made a good shot on was never recovered. All that kept going thru my minnd was that they was letting "animals" out of a cage as he was walking about and the camera wasnt showing the 10' fence that inclosed the 1/2 acre lot he was hunting on.
  5. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

Only one question remains.
    Which caliber will work best on the T.V.
  6. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

The bigger the better. For thos long range shots (200 yards plus) the only round to use woud be 50BMG :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  7. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Funny you should ask that

Reminds me of a funny story. Back in the day when I was an Automatic Rifleman carrying the M249 while doing a live fire training excercise............. gettin' where this is goin?? We would do a dry run, blank run then a live fire. It was pretty hectic and pretty real training. It came to a point I was first man in, with the SAW. There it was. Someone proped a target up in the middle of a room with one of them old wood cased TVs. When the tube blew out I just kept blasting away. That thing was reduced to a pile of pieces pretty quick. It was the most fun I ever had shooting a TV. It was all over the place. Wish I hada camera to take a pic.

So my answer would be 5.56 from my experience. It did very well........

As heavy as that gun was, I miss it. Makes me snicker when someone complains about a 8 pound hunting rifle........
  8. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

In my opinion all those shows are only for one purposeā€¦to sell product, from ammo to guided trips nothing more nothing less.