Auction ? Responses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HerbyJr, Jan 11, 2005.

1. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

Is it just me or do you guys always get ignored too when you ask sellers questions via email on GB auctions? I don't think I've ever had someone respond to my many questions sent to sellers on GB auctions. Maybe I need a shower or something. :confused:

H.
  2. lead

lead Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wonder about the sellers on there. I had to call the seller of the last auction I won, he never contacted me. Now I've won another auction as of Sat. morning. I've sent him two e-mails, one Sat. and one today, still no word from him. Don't these guys care?
  3. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I have always gotten answers on GB.

When a question is not answered, it means you have asked a question the seller does not want to answer - or feels is too stupid to answer. Both mean the same thing. Pass on this one.

Now, why would a seller not want to answer a question. Either the answer is damaging to the gun's listed value or maybe they are too busy to answer the multitudes of questions. Could be true, and in many cases it's fully true.

Most of the time, I get answers to my questions. I try to let the seller know how serious I am, or if I'm just noising arround.

E-Bay is another matter. I have gotten answers from their sellers that were outright lies then had to defend myself against their attack when I posted negitive feedback.

My experience.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  4. JamesRK

JamesRK New Member

I sell one on GB from time to time. I try to answer any questions that might come up when I list. If I get a question by eMail I answer it as soon as I get it. Sometimes I might not get to check my eMail every day, but I answer it when I get it. I have two reasons to answer eMail. First is common courtesy. Second is if I ask a question by eMail and don’t get an answer, I don’t bid.
  5. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

I was looking at a firearm in my hometown, but the seller didn't seem to be a shop so I asked him if there was a place I could come to look at the weapon. I also asked if he'd be interested in trading or a partial trade. If not, that is fine, I am still interested. Three days and another email to him later and still no response.

Two weeks ago I emailed a seller about wheel a gun. The question was whether or not the cylinder was fluted on a S&W 629. The pic was a little blurry and glared. No response. The auction came and went without a bid...then got re-listed...still no response.

H.
  6. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

I have sold a few over there and I think it is important to answer any question as soon as you can. I hate when you feel you have asked a valid question and the seller ignores or is very curt. I've only had a few of those on GB....
  7. Winchester73

Winchester73 New Member

I've sold 7 firearms in the last couple of years on GB. I've bought one. The majority of the time I've received prompt responses to my questions. Occassionally I've received no response.

On the selling end, there is a point where an individual can wear out there welcome with me on responses.

After about 5 e-mails a guy finally wanted to know "Why are you selling it?"

That isn't necessarily an invalid question, but after a while you can recognize someone pulling your chain too.