augila ammo question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by da357mag, Mar 2, 2010.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

I have a CZ452 special and am trying out different ammo to find that "magic"
    bullet. I have read there rifles like subsonic ammo and SV ammo, Augila makes
    both but to get it I have to order it as I live in a small town and theres not alot
    of choices to choose from. One I have found it likes is Peters HV RN ammo, it
    shoots it pretty accurately if I do my part! lol, anyway Nachez has augila on
    sale for about 3 bucks a box, both SV and subsonic any imput would be
    welcome, since I will have to pay shipping im not just getting a box or two!
    Your opinions would be welcome. thanx, DA :D
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

I like it for my 22s, both the powder and no powder. No problems for me.
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

If you are going to order out for ammo any way, I would suggest some Wolf or SK rifle match. My CZ 452's love them. They cost a little bit more, but will give you smaller groups IMHO anyway. The Augila should be tried as well, as what little I have shot of it I think it is good too, but not in the same class as the Wolf or SK.

Regards, Kirk
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The Aquila Colibri is fun to shoot through a pistol, not accurate outside 3 feet but fun anyway. They will not make it to the end of the barrel in a rifle, at least they didn't in my Mossberg. I have never bought any more Aquila so I can't say any thing about their other selections.
  5. red14

red14 Active Member

They are great fun with a 22 revolver, for short range. Nothing over 25 feet though. If you can get an inside the house range, or make one, they fit the bill.
  6. Max Donovan

Max Donovan Member

Hi there; At the Benchrest Rifle Club of St. Louis (shootingstl.com) we shoot a lot of 452's in Vintage Benchrest which is 50 yards outdoors under the lights on Saturday nights. The 452's on Harris bipods give rail guns and unlimiteds a run for the gold. Standard Plus is the ammo the Czechs use in the factory for regulation. Find a lot that your rifle likes and buy a few bricks. Most of us are liking 02543-10294 but you are unlikely to find any. Beware of discount ammo sources for the Standard Plus, they are likely to have lots that experience low demand. There is a debate about freefloating the barrel vs. leaving the damping bump on the stock. Remove the barrel and look for a black felt-tip pen circle with an X in it an inch or two back from the fore end tip. Most or all have it. Personally, I think the bump is for hunters to place all the cold-barrel shots in one place. Target shooters remove the bump to get small groups after firing a few (10-15) foulers. I removed mine and replaced the trigger. It shoots (50 yards outdoors)under a quarter, mostly under a nickle, unless the wind is playing guessing games. Enjoy, Max