Austrilia Pays 200k For Foreign Troops.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by raven818, Jun 9, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Is this accurate, jack?
    ---------------------------------------
    June 8, 2012
    Australia is boosting its military ranks with foreign soldiers by offering cash bonuses of up to AU$200,000 (US$198,060) and fast-tracked citizenship.

Veterans have hit out at hiring "mercenaries" from countries such as America, Germany and Singapore instead of recruiting more Australians.

Figures obtained by the Herald Sun show 726 international military personnel have come to Australia since 2006.

It is believed to have cost about AU$100 million to help them move.

War graves advocate John Saddington questioned the loyalties of foreign recruits.

"It's an absolute disgrace," he said. "We are hiring mercenaries."

Recruits are coming from America, Britain, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Italy, Singapore, Poland, Greece and Germany.

A Defence Department spokesman said, "The Australian Defence Force contributes to the cost of relocating lateral recruits. The costs vary according to the family composition and size, but is typically between AU$150,000 to AU$200,000. Given the significant cost of training and building experience in new military recruits, this cost represents good value."

In other incentives, recruits are also having their Australian citizenship fast-tracked after just three months of service.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah posted about it with contacts a long while back

brought a young guy i met in germany over myself ( he's ex US SF's ) he's done the carter course and now we have 3 yanks in the SASR a heap in commandoes and a heap flying planes and choppers

his young bride is doing up their new house ( house prices here are a killer compared to the USA so watch that it'll eat up all your bonus's and then some ) and discovering the place

he likes it ( except for the costs) and he'll be heading home regular for family and gun fun
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and i've worked for a couple PMC's and done contract work for the USG ( DEA, DHS and USDD ) myself , Australia has always traded in troops , i trained with some Sikhs and Gurkha's what do they think they where doin and that was the mid 70's

its a lefty beat up and cry session

so i'm a mercenary now , hahahahaha the legend grows hahahahahaha

all the folks working security in brunai Timor , the solomons all merc's

i wonder if they include the police detachments we send as well hahahahahahahaha
  4. raven818

If a person were set up for it properly, it sounds like a pretty good deal, if your young enough.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

simple facts

basic training to a acceptable standard costs $450,000 AUD per success, less for a non pass but a cost

skills training can be from $200,000 to $14million per success

if we can recruit folks who are trained to a level we accept and can pass our acceptance tests , we save all that money and can field more troops

remember Australia has less than the population of california , but 3 times the kick defense wise

this is how , and we been doing it since the colonial days ended , mainly within commonwealth nations but those times are gone and we have new alleigences so we poach a lot from the US

know anyone who wants a better deal , higher kill ratios and less reciprocal damage (training excepted) ?

call ...

but higher up

we do loss more in training than combat ... ;) it aint for wimps
  6. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

That is a respectable stipping. Do they have a little more leadway, is there less micro-management? If you are wealthy enough to hire bodyguards and keep your guys at home, what's the problem? What's the disgrace, spending the money?
  7. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Do they offer to pay a fee for referring a successful recruit.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no disgrace

this is a lefty rant

its not a body guard thing , its about numbers and costs to maintain them with ever decreasing defence budgets from lefty governments

the military here still has Royal oversight

that gives them a lot more freedom and they do good with it

this is a cry because the defence folks can get around the government restraints

what the left has tried to do the past few years over defence has failed

and this is the cry .. boo hoo

anyone with good skills ??

call , find out for yourself
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no spotters fee's sorry ( i'd a stolen half of delta and retired )

no tipping here either ( just starting to catch on )
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

11. raven818

Always a day late and a dollar short. Age has to be a factor.
    I guess Canberra is akin to our Camp Perry ( the farm )?
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest