Authorities seize guns in SW Michigan traffic stop

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by gvw3, Sep 15, 2012.

1. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

Sounds like a good place not to have guns. Are they kidding?
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I wish I knew more details......it seems as though you cant even go to the range anymore....
  3. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I'd like more details as well, but I do know having a warrant and weapons in your car is not a good combo regardless if it's a warrant for unpaid parking tickets or not, they'll sieze them. It don't make it right but that's the way it is. They look for any excuse to take your firearms.
  4. Double D

So you think a warrant for parking tickets would have made the outcome different? Your last comment rings loudly, "they look for any excuse to take your firearms".... we are talking about the police, correct?....why do suppose that is? Maybe someone can explain that to me.....
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

DD did we not have this discussion this week? Just a few days ago? Remember the old lady that got pulled over and thrown out the van to kiss the asphalt? What did i say in that thread? What did i say? Its pay dirt for the "maintance pull it over" and let me see what i can confiscate from you. And it pays for itself 200 to 2000 a pop. You dont think this guy is in for 2K at least? Maintance pull over every 3000 miles or 6months which ever comes first. Just add more police, all you need.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  6. firefighter1635

Yes, DD I am talking about the police and I wish I could explain it to you but I do not know either, thats just the way it is. It rings loudly of Germany cira 1943.
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't know whats going on. I didn't think much of it but I have been pulled over 3 times in the last week. I haven't been pulled over in years now 3 times in 2 weeks.

As soon as they run the numbers and see who owns the van I drive they let me go.
  8. firefighter1635

think that's bad? At leist three days a week for the past year at leist I have them sitting across the street from my house. Usually for a few hours in the evenings. They just watch me and the family doing our thing. If one of us has to leave they'll follow us to the city limits. I'm always polite and wave at them, I even sat in my garage with the door open cleaning guns today after I got home from the range, naturally making sure i'm within full view of them. Sometimes i'll get a little upity about it and get the binos out and stand in the driveway looking at them when their only 30 feet away from me :D. Usually when I break those out is when they'll leave.
  9. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

i sure hope the guy in SW MI didn't have all his guns with him at the time.

this is why it's always a good idea to leave at least one or two guns w/ ammo separate from your main "arsenal". even if it means making an extra trip when moving, it's worth it if you end up with at least one gun versus none at all.

also, pay your parking/speeding tickets on time!
  10. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Definition of ARSENAL (Webster's Dictionary)
    1a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment

Really............. That’s a bit of a stretch :rolleyes:
  11. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

My our trunk may have more than that in it at Sunday Church :D
  12. Double D

Yea, its beginning to look more and more that way....
  13. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I see that definition of arsenal all the time. Over and over, usually along with a comment about how stupid the press is.

I wonder if anyone actually looks it up, or if they just go on what they read on another website.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/arsenal

ar·se·nal [ahr-suh-nl, ahrs-nuhl]
    noun
    1. a place of storage or a magazine containing arms and military equipment for land or naval service.
    2. a government establishment where military equipment or munitions are manufactured.
    3. a collection or supply of weapons or munitions.
    4. a collection or supply of anything; store: He came to the meeting with an impressive arsenal of new research data.

Notice. The second of those four definitions IS the PLACE WHERE WEAPONS ARE MADE.

But the first one is the place where they are stored and the third one is the group of weapons themselves.

Ah, but he used webster.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arsenal

a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment
    b : a collection of weapons

How about that. First definition is, indeed, the place where weapons are made and/or stored. Second definitions is A COLLECTION OF WEAPONS.

I suggest you would do better with the "4 GUNS IS NOT AN ARSENAL, YOU FLIPPIN' MORON" than with "AN COLLECTION OF GUNS IS NOT AN ARSENAL YOU IDIOT. AN ARSENAL IS A BUILDING WHERE GUNS ARE MADE". Because, according to the dictionaries, a collection of guns IS an arsenal.
  14. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Sorry -didn't use the on line version. Drug out my 1995 bound paper version. It only has the first definition relating to a military manufaturing plant or storage area. Guess things really do change though,also found the on line version says you can now have a herd of people. I thought a herd only related to animals. Websters must have been bought out by the Liberals.