Automatic knives

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by lead, Feb 12, 2005.

1. aandabooks

aandabooks Member

You do realize that this thread is over 5 years old?

Welcome to the forum!!!
  2. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

I would imagine this thread will last longer than five years, it's an interesting topic. For those of you who would like to carry an automatic but appear legal take a look at the Smith and Wesson mini auto. It can be opened normally, but has a hidden release for auto. Here is a link to it with a video. As they say, it can be hard to open until you get used to it. Then it's like hot butter.
    http://www.bladehq.com/item--Smith-Wesson-Baby-SWAT--2667

And for the price, get a couple. Very handy little knife when your hands are full.
  3. MH2008

MH2008 Member

I own probably about 5 autos, all open from the side. It is illegal to walk around here in WA with one unless you are disabled just like using a crossbow during bow season.
  4. ivarr

ivarr New Member

just got two more this week.
    a custom from a guy in Oklahoma, and my latest microtech.
    both double action out the fronts

automatic's are also illegal to carry on public byways and double edge blades of any type knife are forbidden here in the communist occupied territories of Massachusetts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Tennessee just legalized autos.
    Correction- it didn't pass.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The old push-button switchblades were illegal in IL MANY years ago.
    My dad, who was missing his right arm, had obtained a special permit to carry one, since opening a conventional pocketknife was extremely difficult.

I would guess that if you are on good terms with your Dr., and express difficulty opening your knife due to arthritus, etc., they might be able to help you with this -
  7. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Trigger assisted knives are legal in many states that outlawed switch blades due to the loopholes in the laws. Make sure you know the diference
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  8. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

There's been a similar story floating around SE Alaska for a few years now, and since those in a position to refute it haven't, I suspect it may contain a grain of truth. When boarding an aircraft in Juneau a uniformed Alaska State Police officer was told he'd have to surrender some sort of bladed instrument (depending on who's telling the story it's anything from a nail clipper to a Bowie knife), but was allowed to proceed with his holstered sidearm. Given the TSA mindset I wouldn't be surprised.
  9. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Well-Known Member

Re: Big Jake Knife

And as far as we saw, he let the bad guy keep it.
    I have a couple of S&W "Tactical" automatic knives. Small ones. I don't carry them. I still carry the same Buck 122 that I have for nearly 20 years. I don't even know why I bought them. They are currently stored in a box of about 50 other pocket knives I have no use for.
  10. patrol

patrol New Member

When the hell are people going to learn that making items for protection against the law only assures the crooks are the only one's with what they need to harm people?
  11. bumblebee

bumblebee Well-Known Member

I carry a Sog "assisted opening" knife daily.

That is one of the rules I go over daily with my children, "Always carry a knife."

The have several each, from the Swiss Army knives they carry daily to the Gerber and Ka-bar knives they have on their bug-out bags and 24 hour packs they have for CAP
  12. LilysDad

LilysDad New Member

I knew a guy when I was in the service who described an auto knife he used to have. It was spring loaded and actually fired the blade out the end of the handle. He claimed it was a military item. Anyone heard of it?
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    There are lots of knife makers that produce the OTF (out the front) type auto knives. One such is the Ron Dalton design knife. Mine is the Millennium, it's for sale if you want it, $400, and it's yours!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  14. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Go to Google and enter BALLISTIC KNIFE for details.
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we