Autozone just doesn't get it

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunnyGene, Dec 4, 2012.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Apparently Autozone is a firm believer that no good deed should go unpunished.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

wow, freakin' robots. Guess it's time to write to corporate, they don't have a problem with armed customers, I OC there all the time.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

any word back?
  4. streetbob

streetbob Member

I can tell you one place that I will not patronize any longer. I have 2 Oreilly's, 2 Advance Auto's, and a Napa all within 5 miles of me.
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

6. ozo

ozo Active Member

Add one more to the list......
    not like there are no choices.
  7. medalguy

medalguy Member

And another one. Let's get on this guys!!
  8. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Same corporate policy when it was Chief Auto Parts: One of our employees was told that if he ever chased after a shoplifter outside the store again, he would be fired.

But it was our asses for any "shrink" that occured. Shrink was their word for shoplifted items, because it would shrink the store's profit.

All they care about is the potential to be sued.
  9. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

Was he supposed to fend off the armed robber with a spark plug or maybe a 4 bbl. carb? Good for Mr. Mclean!
  10. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

shoulda chucked a huge wrench or car part at the guy's head... I hope McLean finds a job where he can keep his gun on his hip and not in his truck!

He's lucky he had time to retrieve the thing
  11. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Worked for AutoZone, remember the policy well. My current employer has the same policy
  12. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Yup.

All stores have the same policy. You cant protect the store, or the goods. In this case they should have let the robbers get away and then looted the store for whatever they wanted then called the police and make one report. Blame it all on the robber.

If you protect yourself that is one thing. To go back and protect someone else is acting like police and these stores didn't hire you to be police. If they wanted a police man they would hire one and post his butt at the door. That is the reality of it.

Dont like it then if you decide to work for someone and want to carry a gun, never let anyone know. If you really dont like it, go to work for yourself and you make the rules. I couldnt stand working for anyone that is why i am self employed. Nobody tells me what i can or cant do. Right or wrong its on me.
  13. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Boycotting them will not help. They are all the same and they will not put up with employees acting like police. Any effort at boycotting them is better spent helping this poor lad finding a new job.

Today it autozone tomorrow its the next part house down the block.
  14. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i love that 'miss me yet' tag in the sig line... so true...
  15. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hope someone where he lives reads that and gets him a better full time job where he won't get into trouble for having his gun. He showed good judgement, bravery, and real loyalty.
  16. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

Good for him for doing the right thing instead of running away. Policy or not I will be armed, they just don't need to know about it.
  17. bustedmp

bustedmp New Member

I would almost bet if they had let the robbery take place and made it out with their lives, they would have both lost their jobs for giving the thief the money even thought the employees are told to just give them what they want. Sorry, but someone waves a gun in my face, I'm returnung the favor.
  18. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

seems like most corporate businesses have the same policy, too scared of getting sued if they allowed 'dangerous' firearms by their employees. Sucks

at least they don't mind customers who open carry!
  19. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

All I need to know. I won't buy anything from them again.
  20. Grizz

Grizz Member

autozone just lost another customer!