Autozone just doesn't get it

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunnyGene, Dec 4, 2012.

1. flboots

flboots Member

Its cheaper for the corp. if your killed and not injured. If your killed they pay one lump sum and thats it. If you injured they pay a lot more. Hospital, workers comp. etc. The big wigs don't want to lose any of that bonus money.
  2. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

yet another log on the fire that keeps me from shopping there. I STRONGLY support my locally owned parts stores. so does my boss

BTW, I used to work at a shop where both of us techs had immediate access to a 9mm supplied by the owner.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I wont go there anymore. I dont go to walgreens either, they did the same thing to a pharmacist when he protected their store....I hate liberals.....
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Too bad he didn't pull the trigger, the robber is just going to strike again thanks to more corporate BS. Autozone is a no-go for me too. Unfortunately there are just way to many companies out there that have these stupid policies, can't avoid them all, but I can do whatever I can to spend as little as possible at their businesses.
    At a previous place of employment, they had a "no gun" policy, including locked in your car in the parking lot. They knew plenty of folks had guns in their vehicles, but they let common sense prevail. They just wanted to ensure that they were out of sight and not coming into the building. I highly doubt that if someone were to do something similar to what this guy did that they would be fired for protecting a fellow employee and the business.
  5. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Fired off a VERY HOT e-mail to Autozone and also informed them that I work for the largest privately owned water utility in the U.S. and I will also send out an e-mail to all employees with purchasing cards to avoid them as well. :mad:
  6. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

i'vebeen on the no zone list for a long time. I prefer Napa and pep boys just from a "get it for me" point of view.
  7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

Very brave actions on his part. Though it's a good thing this young man did not shoot the BG. I can see an over zealous DA screaming over how he removed himself from the threat only to re-introduce it by going back in for his manager. I, and pretty sure all of you understand his reasoning, but autozone would have been liable for all his attorneys fees. Hence the no gun rule. BS for sure, but that's what we get in this sue happy society. Screw AZ, hurrah to the young man and pray he finds a better job soon
  8. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The problem folks, is that almost all retail stores have the same "no gun" policy. I had a cousin fired from 7-11 back in late 70's for pulling a gun on a robber, and holding him for the police. I got fried from Pizza Hut back in the early 80's after the manager searched my car, without permission, and found my gun. This isn't anything new! How about 7-11 firing employees just because they were robbed? Actually happened to my wife, and that was back in the late 60's!
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

My email to them:

Over the years I have been a regular Autozone customer. Recently I was saddened and disappointed to read a news article about the firing of employee Devin McLean who used a handgun to thwart a robbery at your York County, VA store. Rather than thanking this employee who possibly saved another employees life you rewarded him with termination and gave a slap in the face to all lawful gun owners. Regretfully, I must inform you as a strong advocate of our second amendment rights, that I can longer do business with your company. Furthermore I will pass this information on to all my friends and family members who have been Autozone customers. It is unfortunate that in these times, with our constitutional rights almost daily under attack, that such drastic measures are necessary, but I feel I have no other choice. You have your policies, and I have mine.
    Sincerely,
  11. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

hope it does some good...