AVAST, ALL YOU SQUID!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by rooter, Jan 24, 2010.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Glendale Arizona
  2. Ol' Sailor

Ol' Sailor New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Ohio, USA
    20 out of 20! Damn, for those good ol' days.

3. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Colorado
    I guess not too bad for a Marine. 17 out of 20

4. rooter

Jan 31, 2001
    Glendale Arizona
    NOT TOO SHABBY, MARINE....NOW, POST SOME MARINE JARGON FOR US TO TRY AND GUESS....BET MANY TROOPS DON'T KNOW WHAT A 'HANG FIRE' IS....MAKE THEM DIFFICULT...I'M FEELING LUCKY!!!! Chief

5. i got 19,and never was in the navy.or any other armed service.my father was a coxsun,in ww2.i learned some terms from him.i was set to go into the navy.at 17 y.o.when he died at 42 y.o.in 1968.i was deferred,to,1-h.(not availabile for military service)because i was the oldest serviving child of a veteren.i was wakened every saturday a.m .by a bosuns pipe,(untill i left it in the drive and was run over by a studebaker) dew wee. dew weeeee ,reviele,reviele,up all bunks,mess gear, mess gear 2nd section,relieve the watch,lets get a clean sweep!! sorry ,memorys come back..

6. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

May 10, 2004
    20/20 We will credit you the 300 points you earned from this quiz.

About time to splice the mainbrace

7. navis128

navis128 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Texas
    Shamefully I admit 17/20, but I was an Airdale a million years ago...what can I say?

8. 5string

5string Member

May 3, 2009
    Ok
    Got all of them correct although i did guess on a couple of them. I was an airdale also seems like a million yrs ago.

9. rooter

Jan 31, 2001
    Glendale Arizona
    Well, I'll be damned Airdale!!!! When I noted your post, I saw your handle and with my ancient mariners eyes, I thought it read G-String.....I rushed right over to see what the post was.....Welcome, 5-String....Now you know where an old Navy Chiefs thoughts tend to run, huh? Did you know the Seabees referred to Fleet Sailors and Airdales as BLACK SHOE NAVY? Wasn't a bad term because we wore the desert style work shoes that never needing shining....Chief

10. navis128

navis128 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Texas
    Chiefs...? I understood those "thoughts" were issued in bootcamp.

Yes...I knew...is it now considered a bad term?

11. rooter

Jan 31, 2001
    Glendale Arizona
    A bad term.....I thought the term SQUID was raunchy enough!!!! Chief

12. navis128

navis128 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Texas
    Squidly-didly bad? I've been called a lot worse.

13. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Golden, Colorado
    Well, I missed 1. - Never heard of Med lights..... ever. Acey-duecy was 1 I had to think about as I didn't do much drinking. The only slang that I could remember about the on-base clubs was re. the Westpac Widows..... :rolleyes: :D

Boy do I miss the Navy life..... :(

SR