awesome sense of power!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JLA, Aug 13, 2009.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I just learned how to operate a back hoe! I think I must have dug a 1/4 acre of my land up 4 feet deep. Then I proceeded to move giant piles of rubbish the previous owners left in the tank bed... I tell ya I had alot of good fun and built some 8 foot burms behind my targets while i was at it...:D:D:D Im gonna hit it again tomorrow and finish moving the junk in the tank and piling up dirt behind my other two target stands. Then I might just dig a couple more hole outta the way somewheres for the kiddos to play in. I think im gonna buy me a back hoe now:D:D:D
  2. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Now ya talkin'
    Fun ain't it?
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Wobble sticks or the 3 stick with foot pedals configuration...?

mike
    gn
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Wobble stix brother. It took me about 30 minutes to master the controls. These next 4 days are gonna be great, I have it till sunday:D. Oh yeah, I didnt mention earlier that its all wheel drive. That things a hoot:D:D:D
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah...i had a Case 4wd backhoe in the quarry days. I think the most fun i had with it was when i mangled an old pontiac grand prix with it... :D

mike
    gn
  6. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

I almost bought one at a trade show, Wife talked me out of it.
    Coulda made a fortune with it. At least coulda been paid to have fun..........
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

you better believe it!!! I can only think of 2 other things that would qualify as 'funner' than operating a back hoe. #1 shooting, #2 is rather inappropriate for this thread/forum ;)... :D
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah and i ain't gonna say it cause i am only like 17 posts from 10k and i don't need no trouble.... :D:D

mike
    gn
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That what im talkin bout, the wife done said i could get one if i find a good deal on one. Boy did she just screw up;)... Im definitely getting 4X4 and I will use it to earn dinero:D
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I smashed the hillbillyhell outta an old travel trailer shell the previous owner left beside the tank dam. Then i shoved it up over the dam and into the tank bed. Made me feel like a force of nature, or a god or something...
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah... be carefull... some of those things can spring back at you unexpectedly!!!!! Especially when you are trying to uproot trees and such.

mike
    gn
  12. big steve

big steve New Member

SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN :D
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thaks for the heads up;), I had a bit or a scare within the first hour trying to move pile of crushed asphalt. I took too big a bite with the bucket and it tried to turn over. Plus I learned rather quickly not to flip it into forward while its still rolling backwards, scariest damn wheelie of my life on a 35000 dollar machine that aint even mine:eek:, but then again, it was fun;)