AZ TOO!! sheeesh Male Arizona high school student banned from being prom queen

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

AN Arizona high school student plans to attend his prom this weekend wearing a dress and prom queen's crown in a protest over equal rights.
    River Flanary, 17, wanted to change McClintock High School's prom rules so that gender would not be a factor.
    But his campaign caused waves in Tempe after his name was removed from the official ballot to elect the school's queen.
    He said, "I was denied the right to be prom queen. They are denying me to do something because of my gender."
    Flanary still plans on wearing a sleek black dress, fastened with rope, to support the LGBTQ group at Saturday's prom. He said he was not gay but was standing up for equal rights.
    Tempe Union School District official Linda Littel said Flanary could not be crowned prom queen and that some students thought the protest was disrespectful.
    She said, "They are feeling like this is disrespectful to them, being perceived as a big joke."
    Students will also stage a peaceful protest tomorrow where they will cross dress and carry placards.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...en/story-e6frfku0-1226333737237#ixzz1sU6EzgFB

video here

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/education/tempe-prom-queen-4-18-2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

"Oh brother!" I mean "Oh sister!" um...I mean er:confused:
  3. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

Can you imagine anything like this happening in Mayberry? I can just hear Barney Fife's jaw dropping.
  4. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I personally saw something like this in high school back in the 80s, but for a far different reason. Guys couldn't wear shorts in school, but girls could wear mini skirts. So one guy borrowed his girlfriends cheerleading skirt and wore it in protest. He got it changed, too.
    That was a simple protest - this prom queen guy would probably be far more comfortable in San Francisco.
  5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

A male prom queen? Get a haircut.
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

My wife and I had an occasion to visit a new church earlier this week. She pointed out to me a notice on the church's bulletin board inviting everyone to a baby shower to help celebrate an adoption of a newborn baby by a gay couple. What ever happened to the Biblical Law of "one man, one women"? How can a church condone this, let alone celebrate it? I truly believe we are in the end of days!
  7. gcalloway

gcalloway New Member

The protest over being prom queen is silly and a waste of everybodies time. The true meaning of prom is to over indulge in the things the kids would not normally do. There are much bigger issues in this country than to try to regulate what consenting adults do to or with each other. In the church setting if you are not comfortable with your churches stance on such issues change churches. If those with alternate lifestyles which to marry adopt children that makes no difference in the way I lead my life. You cannot legislate morality and to make a big deal of it just shines a light on it that it does not deserve.
  8. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Lead stories from last night's newscast in Phoenix -

Illegal immigrant is showcased by TIME Magazine -

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...nix/valley-woman-named-times-most-influential

Biden visits Arizona... AZ might go to Obama in 2012, because of Hispanic vote -

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...oe-biden-to-headline-phoenix-obama-fundraiser

Mesa police will march in Gay Pride parade -

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...ch-in-pride-parade-wearing-uniforms-4-18-2012

Maybe it's time to get out of this state.
  9. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The prison system has gone to the far left too. If he wanted to be their queen, it would be OK with them.
  10. armoredman

armoredman New Member

raven, run that by me again? Couldja be specific for this old DOC Sergeant?
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

before prison ___ .

after prison ___ O
  12. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

+1 Gun Geezer
  13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I don't want to sound like a bigot here, but I liked it better when you knew which ones were the men & which ones were the women.

I mean Madison has a lot of LGBT people and I'd hate to meet some woman at a bar or someplace else to come home and find out it's a guy.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  14. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

ROFL!
  15. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

to expand upon that:

this is your brain: O

this is your brain on drugs: .

DON'T DO DRUGS!

this is your butt hole: .

this is your butt hole in prison: O