B.GOFORTH-

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by old semperfi, Oct 19, 2010.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    how much is............i really dont have a question,i just think you deserve kudos for all the help and info you have given this forum,i know you have gone above and beyond and i just want to thank you for all your help.i am doing this having so far not needed your help,but for all the help you have given others. old semperfi
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Permit me to put a big Second to that statement! Bill is the real expert on those IJ and H&R guns and other guns of the era. I just hope those he has helped appreciate his work and expertise.

Jim
  3. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

I'd like to third this proclaimation. On a personal note: without Bill's research, I would have nothing but a big pile of H&R's and not really know much of what I had. I've known Bill for about 12 years now, and although we sometimes disagree on some fine point or another - his researched knowledge of all things H&R has helped me focus and fill-in gaps in my collection. Without his research, we wouldn't have an up-to-date, CORRECT and 99% complete (new stuff is constantly showing up) rewritten section in the Blue Book of Gun Values by S. Fjestad and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to have my name listed with the august company of contributing editors along side his. This section, along with his forth coming book - will give new meaning to collecting H&R's and rectify the myriad of mistaken info that you can still find in many of the other 'guides'. For all of these reasons, I say "Thanks, Bill. Keep up the good work."
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  4. kingcuke

kingcuke Member

+1 on kudos to Bill. His interest, knowledge, and willingness to share is outstanding!
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread old simperfi, as I too Would like to thank Bill Goforth for all his
    input/help and information he has provided here in TFF. Sure has answered several
    questions of mine and really appreciated the help/information and his effort.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Hear! Hear!

:):):):):):):)
  7. doubleslover

doubleslover Member

I too want to thank Mr. Goforth for the help he has given others as well as myself. His dedication to firearms is a tremendous asset for those who have sought his knowledge.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

KUDOS FROM ME TOOOOOO
  9. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

Bill,
    Doesn't it feel good to be loved?
    Thanks for all you do from me also!!
    Jim
  10. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

YES YES YES-an incredible source of knowledge
  11. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i have been away from my computer for about a day and a half so this one caught me off guard. as some of you know i lost my son july 25 this year (heart attack) and i don't know if this is slowing up the H&R book but it certainly hasn't helped. i know i have been saying any day now but in truth it may be after the first of the year before the H&R book is finally printed (some issues with some pictures).

i realized after i purchased my first computer there was so much misinformation online about iver johnson's i set my mind to correcting as much as i could (and also maybe sell a few books). i started the H&R book research to do the same thing and thanks to jim hauff and a couple of other H&R collectors i believe we will.

this fourm has become my home away from home and will continue to be as long as they will let me. my website has become inactive because that was my son's contribution to my collection and i just don't have the knowledge to keep it up. i will remove it from my signature as soon as i figure out (again) how to do it. my appoligies to every one for it still being listed. one last thing about the website my son set it up and kept it updated and in my opinion it was done very professionally and as good as any out there.

thanks for all the kind words from all of you.
    bill
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  12. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Bill,
    I also thank you for all the help in the past. Your I.J. book, and your contributions to this website have been priceless to me. BTW, are you really as mean as the picture in the back of your book portrays you to be? LOL!
    Old Gun Guy
  13. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    BILL,I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT YOUR SON BUT I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR HIM,KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER,GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS. old semperfi
  14. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

YES:eek:;)
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  15. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the past couple of months i have been feeling a little down and this thread perked me up not just a bit but a bunch.

my wife tells me i need to smile more but a smile won't help someone who looks like i do. look for a new picture in the back of the H&R book.

thanks
    bill