B.S.A. PR SUCKS

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by hunterfisher, Jul 30, 2011.

1. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Two week ago I sent my, B.S.A Spoting Scope back to the company because after taking it out in the hot sun, it became so sticky that you couldn't handle it. The black coating would come off on your hands and get all over everything you touched. The tec I talked with said they have had a few scopes do this. And that I could send it back, along with a, $10.00 money order and they would replace it with a 10 day turn around. That was 2 weeks ago. I called them to see what happened. The tec said he didn't know who I talked with but they have no such thing as a 10 day turn around. He said they just put it into the system the day before I called and they would have to decide weather to repair or replace it. And that it may be 3 - 4 months before I get it back. Maybe longer. This is bull@#@#. Never again will I do bussiness with this company. I know it's a cheap spoting scope, but being a disabled vet, it's all I could afford.
  2. BillM

BillM Active Member

ALWAYS get a name and a direct phone number or extension number
    when you talk to anybody in customer service ANYWHERE. I keep a
    notebook by the phone---record the who/what/when/where/why on
    any conversation that I may have to refer to later.
  3. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I called the company again, Monday morning to let them know how dissatisfied I was in their policy. I told them I would be sure to let all my friends know about it. They apoligised for the false info they gave me and said my, NEW, spotting scope would be shipped out first thing, Tuesday morning. And that they will email me a UPS tracking no.#
    Guess it pays to make a little noise.
  4. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

"The squeeky wheel gets a new scope" .... or, something like that !

Let us know if/when they come through for you .
  5. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I recieved a tracking no.# for my NEW spoting scope this morning. It will arrive tomorrow. Will let ya'll know what B.S.A sends me.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

well if its all good then edit your thread title and add ( resolved ) or similar so folks know its possible to fix and follow your example how ...
  7. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I recieved my scope yesterday as, B.S.A, promised. I really like it. For the money it's very clear. I was watching an ant climb the trunck of a pinetree, 150 yds. out. Yep, I'm very pleased with the way things turned out. When they knew I wasn't going to accept their 3-4 month policy, they acted promptly and sent it overnight. Thanks, B.S.A.

Oh yeah, I got the, B.S.A Spectre. Sells for, $134.99.
  8. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

I have had all good luck with BSA scopes and give them two thumbs up for affordable products. Glad to hear you were taken care of and definitely let them know that with a phone call to customer service. You will make some poor working persons day if they get an atta-boy from the public. Believe me, I know. From experience.