B-Square scopes for classic military rifles...

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CCubed, Jun 16, 2005.

1. CCubed

CCubed New Member

My question is: What does "some gunsmithing require" mean when dealing with B-Square scope mounts? I have a Mauser 93 action military rifle.
    B-Square sells a scope mount for small ring Mausers, the 93 model included. They say, however, that "some gunsmithing is required", but I don't want to mess up the stock on my gun. The likelihood of finding a stock for my Mauser 93 is nihil. So, I really don't want to do any drilling, messing up my stock. I was attracted to B-Square because of the fact that they actually made scope mounts for classic military rifles. So, I'm asking that if anyone has had any experience with B-Square scope mounts for small ring Mausers, or if anyone has ever dealt with a B-Square mount that said "some gunsmithing required", would you please help me! :confused: Thanks. ;)
  2. searcher5

searcher5 New Member

Sorry, the only one I have any experience with is for a .303 Enfield. It pretty much just droppped in, and tightened screws to hold it in place. At first I was not impressed, but it seems to hold true, so far. (100+ rounds)
  3. CCubed

CCubed New Member

Well, thanks. Every little bit of info helps. I have one question, though: "dropped in", how, where? I'd appreciate the response.
  4. searcher5

searcher5 New Member

This particular one was machined to fit between the braces in front and back of the bolt. There were three set screws that tightened it into place. I really didn't think it would hold true, but so far, so good. The fit was excellent.