1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Baby desert Eagle, Walther p99, or Glock 35?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gunnewb666, Mar 9, 2004.

1. gunnewb666

gunnewb666 New Member

I'm buying my first pistol soon for target shooting and plinking and i narrowed it down to either the baby desert eagle, glock 35, or the walther p99 all in 9mm. Which out of the 3 is the best? Any experiences or anyone own these? If all 3 stink tell me too and any other recommendations for another pistol will be welcome thanks! I personally am interested in the baby desert eagle because of price and I have a large hand.
  2. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

My 2 cents
    I am no good with Glocks - But I always recommend you try them before becoming a hater like me. You may love it. Reliablity and simplicity at its finest.
    Baby eagles never excited me, thus I only have 200 rounds through one. I wasn't impressed.
    Walther p99 would be my choice. I like the feel, I hit what I am aimed at, and they too are very reliable. My Walther P22 is my favorite plinker and is almost flawless in its performance.
    BTW P99 is now on the approved list for Law Enforcement here in Southern California. That should say a lot
  3. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

welcome gunnewb666

out of those you listed i would go with the walther hands down
  4. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

is the caliber or the chassis smaller on a baby eagle? what do the full size shiny 50 cal / .357mag ones go for such an impresive looking handgun?

any way i would go with the p99 just from what i have held it felt nice, i went with the sw1911 from Smith&Wesson and could not be happier with it i love it, the gun just feels like it's supposed to be in your hand
  5. txpete

txpete New Member

take a good look at the springfield XD,maybe CZ 75/85 really good pistols.
    just a thought.
    pete
  6. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

Walther is best of the three...a quality firearm...

swede
  7. BigZig

BigZig New Member

When I bought my 9mm last summer I was pretty sure I wanted a Glock. However, I couldn't find one to fit my hand so the salesman showed me a Springfield XD9. I bought it on the spot and have never looked back.

At the range I found it to be extremely accurate and I like the white dot sights. I have around 6-7,000 rounds through it and NOT ONE problem. NADA.

Try one on for size - maybe it's for you too.