The Firearms Forum banner

back orders from cabelas

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  BobMcG 
#1 ·
i,m sonnyg1304 , i ordered a whirlibird omni heat parka from made by columbia & placed my order through cabelas. i ordered it on 1/10/2011 & have been told it,s on back order. i,ve emailed cabelas & i,m told it,s in process. it seems like i keep getting the run around. i,d like to get it before spring & like to know if anyone has had a simlar problem with cabelas. thank you. sonnyg1304.

#3 ·
My experience with Cabelas is you will get it before your "online" status for your order changes!

#5 · (Edited)
My experience with Cabelas is you will get it before your "online" status for your order changes!
x2 I ordered an 1851 black powder pistol with starter kit, after 2 weeks I checked the order status, it was shipped the day before. When I finally got it, it was only the starter kit. Called Cabelas and they confirmed items were shipped seperately. Got the pistol the next day. Of course this was right after Christmas so I don't blame them for the delay. And I would have had everything a few days earlier but weather was effecting UPS deliveries

#6 ·
Welcome to TFF and I'm certain that Cabela's will take care of you.

I've been doing business with them for longer than I can remember (decades) and have never gotten the run-around, bad service, or bad customer service from them. Most of the time an item shows up as being back-ordered at the time you order it and you are given the choice of continuing with the ordering of it or not. You have to remember that Cabela's isn't manufacturing the item but only ordering it from a manufacturer themselves. As Helix_FR mentioned, they can't give you a date that's written in stone as they have to go by what they're told the lead time is.

Actually, the only time I can think of when some of they're estimates (and a lot of other's) got thrown into the toilet was when dealing with the lead times on ammo and handloading supplies while the buying frenzy was going full bore. I'm not sure that it's back to 100% along those lines yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.