Back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Aug 31, 2012.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Isaac was a pain. Sucker just sat there.

OK I am ok no problems what so ever. Somewhere into it i learned we had over nine inches of rain and we still had a day of rain to go. Total i dont know. Rivers here I have never seen this high. Just got power back. I think we have been on gen power for 3 1/2 days. Not too sure, its all a blur.

I have learned much from this experiecnce and plan to share with you all. Because when shtf it will come in handy. Ok i have to make some rounds be back.

Oh tomorrow i am headed to the MS gulf coast for my inspection for a repair.

Some parts around NO hit hard, I mean hard. Some of these folks are above sea level and under water. Plaqumines parish hit real hard on both sides of the river. On the east side i have a new fence at a correctional filicity that is 98% finished I hope nothing happened to it. It will be a while before i can get there the roads are not passible as of yet.

ta ta for now
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Prayers from here
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good to hear your all safe, and made it through it ok.
    Lotta damage I could "only" imagine.
  4. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Cycloneman,

Good to see you back and happy to hear that everyone is safe.
    It sounds like it was a real pain, but it could have been worse.
  5. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

It's good to see you're okay
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Glad you're ok, stay dry and hope things are somewhat back to normal before long.
  7. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

The crazy's are out. I was in bed eariler but not now.

My mother and father live right next door a stones throw from me. 50 feet no more than that. Remember we are on 6 acres. Yesterday my parents walk out their home and look over the property. They get into their car and a man is upon them at the car door. He must have been hiding behind one of the garages. You have to understand we live in the country. No one and i mean no one comes up to our property. This guy tells my parents a line of crap and he is about 6' 3" and missing teeth. He proceeds to walk a fence line between my neighbor and i and then walks towards the back and disappears.

Tonight just a while a go my daughter goes outside for a smoke. She gets up on her car trunk and a man is in her sight not 75 feet away and aproaching her. He came from the back on my uncles property. She high tailed it into the house locked the door and started screaming. I was in bed and jumped up and loaded the ar next to my bed. Went outside and no sign of the guy. He was wearing a blue hoodie and he was a good 6'. Police came and we searched the woods as best as we could. On the back road we found a car parked with a guy sleeping in it. His story pans out and probably just a coincedence. he lives 2 blocks away and was sleeping in the car to avoid a fight at his house where he has family over for the storm. His descripton does not fit that of the guy my daughter saw. Anyway this guy had to come up and cross a 2 acre lot in the dead of night and dark. No lights back there. She only saw him when he came into the light.

We are on full alert tonight and from here on.

The last time we had katrina the same kind of bs happened for a couple of weeks. Ghost where they should not be.
  8. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

We will be praying for ya.
    Stay safe.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Glad you got thru the hurricane OK. Now ya gotta keep your eyes open for another type of danger! Stay safe!
  10. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Cycloneman
    I was on the phone with Sam Yesterday and ask if he had heard from you. He said not. I had told him I was going to PM you because I knew you were in the path of Isaac. So I am real glad to hear that you are safe and hopefully out of harms way.
    We had it pretty rough over here on the MS Gulf Coast also. I am just North of Interstate 10, maybe one mile. Got a lot of Blow and over 17 inches of rain. I spent all day yesterday cleaning up the yard and mowing, whew! glad that's over.
  11. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I wish that storm would of went more southwest in Texas. Im not talking about the violence of the storm but atleast alot of rain although we got about a 1/2" of rain yesterday , its still not enough although they are forecasting a wet fall this year
  12. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

glad to hear u are ok !! We used to live on the river back in Mo. after a bit of water again one yr my parents decided we needed to move above the high water mark,, cause they couldnt afford the "gill" transplants for all us rug rats.
    LOL,, take care and keep your powder dry
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I got 1/5th of an inch here at my house.