1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Bad Experiences

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

ClydeBurrie
    (9/2/02 3:04:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Bad Experiences
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howdy All,
    I'm sure we've all had them"Bad Experiences" after a purchase...
    What should someone look for when dealing with a purchase from a source online or other?
    THANKS

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 3:07:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Bad Experience...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clyde, Post the experience you had in the feedback forum. Tell everyone what the circumstances and who the seller was. As someone with a 65 A+ rating as a buyer, i'd like to know about any bad sellers!!!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 3:21:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ooops!
    Sorry Clyde, I reread your topic and realized that I answered it as if you had a bad experience. I'll have to think about this so I can type in all the things I look for. I've never had a non-delivery or an item that wasn't as described. I have had some items that took an extremely long time to receive though.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 3:39:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Bad Experiences
    Clyde, I've been lucky as for the most part I've dealt with people who've been on the boards here and other places and have already proven to have a good track record.

Only once was I concerned and it was just because he had a hard time getting time off to get it mailed. He also let me know about the problem which for me made everything all right (even I have trouble getting stuff mailed some times).

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/3/02 11:56:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bad Experiences
    As far as on-line auctions go, you have nothing to go by except feedback, and even that is pretty imperfect.

Basically you find the guys with all A+, or MOSTLY A+, and only one or two bad ones, sellers CAN'T please EVERYBODY, and there are bad buyers out there...look for the explanation to see if it makes sense, and take your chance.

Another good thing is to email the guy before bidding, ask a few questions about the item. His responce will give you an idea how prompt he is answering, and may reflect how fast he will deliver, as well as the tone of the response MAY tell you if he's a jerk or a nice guy. Again, not fail-safe, but worth a shot.

As for other on-line purchases, it's like anything else, you's puts down the money and you's takes your chances...

About the only advice is you usually don't go wrong with the long time businesses that recently added a websight...J&G, Springfield Sporters, Gun Parts, Inc., Sarco come to mind. That and asking for advice like you are doing, but only more specific. SOMEBODY here has probably dealt with just about anybody you may think of buying from, and will share the good and bad.

But again that is imperfect. My good friend BobinStLouis has a personal vendetta against Century Arms, they really screwed him around on a couple of orders....however, I have placed 5 or 6 orders with them, never a problem, nice as can be once you talk to somebody there that knows their elbow from their earlobe...

"Start-ups" are a gamble, but every successful business today once was a "start-up."
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/3/02 11:59:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bad Experiences
    And oh yeah, stay AWAY from MickRM and MRM Sports...
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"