BAD LUCK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deputy Dawg, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Two days ago I brought a Yamaha Raptor 660 four wheeler from a guy out in the country. My son and I went to look at it and asked me to buy it for him. I paid the man 3500 dollars and life was good.The next day I received a call from the Edna Sheriff Office asking we if i brought a 4 wheeler. I told them yes and ask why, He then imformed me that they had the guy in jail that i brought it from on felony warrant of stealing a 4 wheeler. I was then told they thuoght the 4 wheleler that I had brought was stolen. Boy talk about ruining your day.He had this 4 wheeler for sale in our local paper.
  2. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I don't suppose that he had a title, did he?
  3. Deputy Dawg

This was a 2002 model and the book price was 3800 dollars,he showed me a receipt from the previous owner. No he did not have a title,but that is not uncommon here in Texas. I want make that mistake again. No title no buyee.
  4. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Man, that sucks. Sounds like somwthing that might happen to me.
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sure feelin for ya Dawg! I would be waiting for this one when he makes bail with your money! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

To say the least..... :mad:

gn
  7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

any chance of getting your money back? maybe you could take something that he does own like land or vehicle sale them and replace your funds.
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Do they have a Victim's Rights Advocacy in Texas.

Or else be the first one to talk to the DA about getting yer money back.
  9. Deputy Dawg

UP DATE. The Edna Sheriff checked the serial numbers on the 4 wheeler that I bought and they were different from the one they were looking for.They also was able to contack the previous owners who describe the 4 wheeler and still had a copy of the bill of sale that they gave to the guy i bought it from.These people lived in Temple TX. They said that they sold the 4 wheeler to the guy that I had brought it from. The one I had was all blue and the one they were looking for was white and black and no it
    had not been repainted. Turns out the guy had bought the same year model 4 wheeler from someone in Tivoli TX.He gave the guy a check for it than turned around and canceled the check,[dumb ass] The other party then reported that there 4 wheeler had been stolen and how he did it.This man had 3 other 4 wheeler that he really did own, One was a 2002 honda 400ex ,2002 honda 500 4x4, 2005 honda 450R. Why he did what he did I will never know.They traced this 4 wheeler back to the original owner, who sold it to the people,that sold it to the man that I bought it from.Supposeably the 4 wheeler he stole was stolen from him in the back of his truck in another town, which he reported. I still do not think this man was playing with a full deck of cards or his elavator did not go all the way to the top.
  10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

That's good news!
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

That's great, Dawg. Glad it is alright.
  12. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Whew, glad it worked out for you. :D
  13. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I'm with plano on this...