1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

BAIKAL SHOTGUNS?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by scudrunner, Feb 9, 2006.

1. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

Does anybody have any information about BAIKAL shotguns? I have a co-worker asking me about them and I have to honest here, I have never heard of them so I thought I would ask the forum :confused:

I am new here but this really seems to be one of the better forums on the net. Ya'll have good and truthful comments on just about everything.

Thanks for your help. :cool:
  2. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

they are made in russia and imported in the usa, they are not bad shotguns, cheaper made bur ok. remington is importing the spartan gunworks side by side made by baikal. i own one of them and it is better than the regular ones. price was $381.00 out the door.
    blackhawkkid223
  3. I bought one about a month ago, Scud, a Spartan sold under the Remington name but built by Baikal. The one I have is a double-barrel SxS 20" in 12 gauge. Quite frankly, I like the gun a lot. It's tight, reliable, and does everything you would expect of a much more expensive shotgun. Even the stock is decent hardwood.
  4. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Baikal has been making sporting guns in Russia for many years. They are well-made basic firearms that have gathered a lot of following in the last few years as their fit-and-finish has improved through their association with western gun dealers.
  5. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

A friend has the ou in 12ga, nice gun.
  6. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

Hey thanks guys for the info! :)
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I got into skeet quite by accident, I knew I enjoied "hand thrown" out in a pasture somewhere, but when I found the gun club that I belong to now I was introduced to real skeet...All I had was a Rem 870 and did the best I could for awhile, I didn't have the funds for a super duper skeet gun, but I soon realized that pump action along with picking up brass wasn't my game, so I "settled" for a Bakail O/U 12 Guage...I've not been happier, it is a field gun, but it smokes targets right beside the 3000 dollar guns and to be quite honest with you it's kinda fun to get a better score with a gun that was under 400 dollars out the door than the guy beside you with a small fortune invested in gear.

I'm not saying that if I had the money I wouldnt buy a fancy gun, I love fancy guns! But the bakail is busting birds just fine for now.

Crpdeth
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Heres a pic of mine...

Attached Files:

9. sodbuster

sodbuster New Member

The vast treeless high-plains of NorthWest Kansas
    I shot trap with one for three years.
    Kinda funny getting the same scores as them fellas with their $2,000 guns!!!

Yes, the finish might be just a bit rough, but my Baikal has functioned flawlessly. :)
    Just a side note it is a bit finnicky with reloads!!

,,,sod :cool:
  10. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My friend stocks them in his shop so I've gotten to handled and shoot a few. I think they're quite nice for the price. He's sold a number of them and the buyers are happy with them.
  11. Dima

Dima New Member

Made in Russia, Izjmash - one of two biggest firearms manifacturers in Russia. Baikal is a trademark, now Remington marketing them as Spartan.

I have IZJ-27 Sporting, 30" BBL. I'm shooting trap and skeet. Work perfectly. Looks? Yes, B or K guns looks much better (wood), but they cost 5-10 times more also.
  12. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

What shells are you running? What kind of problems? I've been rolling up some old AA Plus and AA light, 1oz load...Even loaded up some crappy cheddite hulls without a hitch.

Crpdeth
  13. sodbuster

sodbuster New Member

The vast treeless high-plains of NorthWest Kansas
    Feller I shoot with owns the local gun store. He reloads mostly with AA Hulls.
    He reloads by the 5 gallon Pail full and makes us a pretty good deal on them!
    The brass must expand just a bit as I have to work the reloaded shell just a bit to get it into the chamber.
    The low wall brass 'catches' on the chamber lip.

I have enough to think about when up on the line, so I just buy 'Estate' shells and I am happy!!

,,,sod :)
  14. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Understood bro....

Wonder if'n he'd make me a good deal on them AA hulls? :D

Nothing wrong with Estate, I've folded a few mourning doves with 'em...Very few, but then thats the shooters fault!

Crpdeth
  15. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Could be he's using a MEC with the old-style resizer, rather than the collet-resizer in the newere MECs. Those old MEC resizers take a bit of fiddling with in order to get them to resize properly.