Ballester Molina .45

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by joshuaalanmiller, Apr 2, 2008.

1. joshuaalanmiller

joshuaalanmiller New Member

I'm thinking about a Ballester Molina , does anyone have one? +'s -'s, good gun? Whats the price range most are going for?
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I have one Josh,

Welcome to TFF. Hope you enjoy yourself.

I have had several over the yrs and they are mostly good shooters. The recoil spring has been stretched out on the one I currently own and I need to get an 18 lb spring to replace it.

It is the one 1911 clone that parts will not interchange with the rest of the 1911's.

As for price, I've seen them on auction sites for as much as $700+ but I don't think they got that much for it.

Usually around $350 - $450. Again it depends on condition & function.

:cool::rolleyes::eek::eek::D;):rolleyes::cool:
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Josh,

Check your private mail.
  4. TBroomfieldCO

TBroomfieldCO New Member

Here's a pix of my Ballester Molina .45
    I use her when we're out riding the ATVs through the Colorado Rocky Mountains. You never know what you're going to run it to up here :eek:
    She shoots pretty solid, no miss fires - I've gotten her covered with dirt and snow and she fired just fine. Great smooth shooting .45 - you can't go wrong.

Attached Files:

5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

They are not 1911 clones. Ballesters are more akin to Star autos. Some parts will interchange, but not many. They are fine guns.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I just thought of something, and wondered if anyone happened to know.

Since it is an Argentine gun, and they speak Spanish, and the double L in Spanish is pronounced as Y, have I been mispronouncing the gun? Is it Ba-Yaas-ter instead of Ba-lis-ter?

For that matter, the Spanish pistol, also with a double L. Is it a Yama, or a Lama? Hmmmm. Everyone I know calls it a Lama, but that don't mean they're right.
  7. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Don't know about the Ballester, but the Llama is pronounced "Yama."
  8. lead

lead Well-Known Member

I was at a shop yesterday and found a Ballister-Molina for sale. It seemed tight, but only had about 50% bluing. I assumed this would not completely interchange with Colt parts, and I did notice that it had a newer magazine in it.
    Does this gun work okay with standard 1911 mags? There was no markings on the mag, so I assume it was aftermarket. Bluing was perfect on the mag, so it obviously didn't match the gun.
    The gun was priced at $299. This is a pawn shop, so they didn't really know anything about it, except that they want $299 for it, and it's a gun.
    The barrel looked good, I wasn't sure how well it would work with an unknown mag. What do you guys think?
  9. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

10. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

That information on Cruffler is real old.
    No way can you buy those handguns for the posted prices today.

I don't know why they leave it up, except maybe they get lot of inquiries, some of which result in sales at the REAL price.
  11. eddieglock

eddieglock New Member

My sign on is eddieglock, I just purchased a BM and I'm trying to ascertain if any of them were parkerized from the factory. Thanks

12. popgun

popgun New Member

price is going up on these as they are becoming collectable. If you can get them for $350-$450, grab them up.
  13. H-D

H-D Active Member

Yeah 1911 mags and barrels work in them that was a hold over from the true 1911 they used the sistema 1927 licensed by Colt