Ballester Molina question.

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Boogalou
    (2/21/02 9:53:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ballester Molina question.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have a question on my new B/M. Frame & barrel numbers match but slide # is G/C? 0676. Anyone ever here of this number before. Correct s/n was stamped on inside of slide. Also, there were no markings on right side of slide and appeared to be proof marks on the top of the frame tang. Any thoughts?

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/22/02 9:52:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ballester Molina question.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would believe that is an Argentine military arsenal inventory number independent of the production serial number.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

velvetnsteel
    (2/23/02 5:25:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Argentine
    How do you like your Argentine pistol?

Boogalou
    (2/24/02 6:09:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del argentine
    Velvetsteel - So far I like it alot. Can't wait to get a chance to shoot it. Found out on another board that the different slide number is a rack/issue #. This pistol has a late s/n so probably reserve/police issue.

woodcarver
    (3/8/02 7:26:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: argentine
    My Brother has one of those. The 1911 boys often look down on it, but it shoots very well and is rugged, and cheep for a combat .45 They are accurate.

velvetnsteel
    (3/9/02 4:28:09 pm)
    Welcome woodcarver.
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/9/02 6:53:01 pm)
    Hi Woodcarver......welcome to TFF.