Ban Assault Weapon Assault Rifle Term

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oldogy, Feb 28, 2009.

1. oldogy

oldogy New Member

So why do we as responsible gun owners even recognize the term, assault as it applies to guns?

Assault:
    1.A violent attack either physical or verbal.
    2. A military attack upon a fortified area or place
    3. An unlawful attempt or threat to injure another physically.
    And the definition of assault goes on, none of which fit the description of the guns we own.
    We as responsible gun owners should call them anything but assault weapons, just ban the term from our vocabulary. Call them rifles, call them guns, call them toys, call them firearms, even call them home defense machines, but stop feeding the hype of the liberal gun grabbers with the term, assault.
    The term Assault weapon is about as meaningless as Cop Killer bullets

Just my thoughts for the day.

oldogy
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I always preface the term with 'so-called' because I think it's an ignorant term. People using it against us really do think we're carrying around fully-automatic M16s that they saw in an action movie. The term has been a propaganda tool from its roots when Adolf Hitler named the Sturmgewehr 44 (translated as 'Storm Rifle') to inspire fear in his enemies in the same fashion that he called his invasions Blitzkrieg (aka: Lightning War). Today's liberal idiots use the propagandist term 'Assault Rifle' against us in much the same way Hitler used propaganda.

Yes, we should shun the term... :(
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Bullet spitter? Crackhead elimination machine? Super hunting rifle? Mega defense system? Burglar buster? Carjacker smacker?
    :p:p:D:D