1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Banana Pudding

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Swwbo, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Swwbo

Swwbo New Member

Stephen's Mom also Stephen's Grandma Sally's recipe. Stephen's Mom taught me this. The basic recipe will make several items.. Here goes..

Banana Pudding
    1/2 Cup Flour
    3/4 Cup Sugar
    1/2 t Salt
    1 Can of Evaporated Milk
    1 Can of Water (milk can)
    1/4 Stick of butter
    3 Eggs
    Cook until thick on medium low heat stirring constantly. Do not walk away. It will BURN!!!

Add some vanilla around a Tablespoon and stir.. Alternate layers with banana's and vanilla wafers. I put in about 5-6 banana's and most of the box of vanilla wafers.. This makes a large bowl.

Pineapple Pie.. same pudding/custard recipe add one can of drained pineapple. Pour into baked pie shells. Let cool or you can make a meringue and bake until meringue is golden brown. your choice. 2 pies

Chocolate Pie.. Same thing with the pudding/custard just add 1/2 cup of Cocoa and increase the sugar to 1 Cup. Pour into a baked pie crusts. Same goes for the meringue. 2 pies
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Cool! My Mom used to make banana pudding from scratch like that, but I haven't had any for years. Everyone takes the shortcut with boxed pudding mix nowadays. :(

Thanks for the recipe! :)
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I may have to test this out next week. ( if I can wait that long ;) ) Sounds GOOD.
  4. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

tomorrow afternoon, I'm ona sook some of this up!