1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Bank encourages second amendment

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by graehaven, Oct 12, 2010.

1. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Didn't know if you'd all seen this. Didn't see it posted on the forum anywhere (or that I could find). Very interesting read:

By ARTHUR HAHN/Managing Editor
    Published:
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:59 AM CDT
    CHAPPELL HILL — Any would-be robbers looking to walk into the bank here had best think twice.

There’s a new sign in town.

About a month ago, Chappell Hill Bank president Edward Smith looked at a sign on the front door prohibiting concealed weapons from his business and decided to make a policy change.

Licensed to carry a handgun? Come on in, and bring your weapon.

The sign, now prominently displayed on the bank’s front door, says, “Lawful concealed carry permitted on these premises. Management recognizes the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable right of all citizens. We therefore support and encourage the carrying of licensed concealed weapons.”

Smith said he made the policy change to send a warning to potential robbers, and also to express support to Americans’ right to bear arms...

Rest here: http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2010/08/19/news/news03.txt
  2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

I think this is absolutely great. I hope more businesses decide to follow this example.
  3. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Yeah, any "gun free zone" just means it's a big TARGET. When will they wake up?
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Ya gotta love living in a great state like TX!
  5. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Everyone working here knows how I feel about guns, we don't have CCW in this state, but have had many "show and tell" displays in the bosses office. Our billing clerk almost had a grabber while I was checking out a .45 and my pressman was looking at my 686. Oh did I mention... I am the boss!:D
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

They are wise to do this. If someone comes in to rob the place, there will be fifty guns aimed at the robbers. Now if only more people could see it that way.
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i switched banks, partly because the back i was using sucked, but partly because they put a no firearms sign on the door. i talked to the bank president about the sign. informed him that i always carried concealed. he said it was the law. so i informed him that i could legally open carry or conceal in the bank, he didnt want to hear anything i had to say and just kinda changed the subject and walked off.
  8. dge479

dge479 New Member

good to see