1. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

How many here have been "banned" from putative current events "discussion forums" ?

I'm now up to three - some of which I've participated in almost from their outset ! IMNSHO, i see most of these once conservative "boards" being taken over by "progs" intent upon silencing any opposition while maintaining a (bogus) "conservative front" !

Certainly "Capital Hill Blue" and its malcontent spinoff, "Annoyed Army" are two, IMO. ""Freepers" might be another ! All seem to have as "policy" the disposition to eject/ban contributors without discussion !

Their board/their rules ! But hardly in keeping with our constitutional precepts ! Seems "fascism" increasingly rules the internet ! >MW
  2. musclehead

musclehead New Member

no bannings (yet) maybe because this and one other board are my only vices.
    neither are strictly political in nature.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

theres a few coming here to tout their ways , some asking to be moderators and such after being here 5 mins ... like thats gonna happen
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I've only been banned on one forum.

It's a premier Weber BBQ site, and all I stated was, "I can't understand why anyone would shop at Walmart".

BAM!

Some folks are overly sensitive I guess. :rolleyes:

Many here know I'm not a fan of the NRA, but it ain't enough to require banishment. Shopping at Maomart? Pfffttt...

If I wanted to, I'm sure I could go to any number of places and troll to the point of getting booted. Not something I choose to do.
  5. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I have my own forum, and we've banned people, usually for being flat out a-holes, spammers, or trolls. We keep disagreements civil. We also limit political discourse to one small section to keep it civil. :)
    The main rant I get is "I have my 1st Amendment rights!" Yes you do, but it doesn't mean I have to pay to listen to them. We pay good money to run a web forum, and it's NOT a public playground - the 1A doesn't apply. You have to be a member to post, and are essentially posting in my, or my moderators living rooms. Pee repeatedly on my coffee table and I will probably ask you to leave. 1A doesn't apply, as you can go outside and yell your opinions to the world, but you can't force others to pay for your rants...unless your the government.
  6. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I've been on Free Republic since 1996, have gotten into it with a bunch of them over the years, never been banned. I have been banned a couple times on small time forums over the years. The kind of forums I only check out from time to time and not all that interested anyway.
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I've been banned from a few places.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  8. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Havnt been banned yet. I have LOTS of opinions but I usually keep them to my self or at least low key. It's so easy to piss off others if you vocalize opinions that they dont agree on and when that happens, all bets are off. I might state an opinion but I try not to overstate them. I was married for 27 years to someone I call, the "opposing view".:bleh: She left when she ran out of s*** to argue about. Life's too short to argue and get banned from the best forum ever! Just sayin.
  9. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've never been banned. If something came up, I'd look to see if it was universal with the rest of the members. If it was..I just left thru the open window, guns and clothes in hand. :)
  10. musclehead

musclehead New Member

hey I've been here more then five minutes, can I be a moderator? (*snerk*)

my hats off to you mods, all that work and the pay sux:bleh:
  11. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

FWIW, suspect my exile from CHB had to do with the Martin/Zimmerman case. I called out a lot of the posters as emulative of the Ox-Bow Canyon incident mentality when they denigrated my early-on suggestion we wait for the Sandford PD and the GJ reports before "passing judgement" on the case. (And as we've all seen there are some conflicting issues in the case.)

Ah well, so much for trying to stand in front of a lynch mob ! >MW
  12. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Funny you say that. I know a firearms site that looks to have a few individuals that fit the "progs" description.

A retort from the mod read; "Whatever. I know what you're about."
    Evidently, I gave myself away with the consistent, coherent, and compelling argument.
  13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Well...I've been banned from one. One which a few TFF members belong to. It came as quite a shock because I had thought of almost the entire membership as friends. I made the mistake of questioning a moderators action and poof. Oh well, live and learn.
  14. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I got banned for three days once on the political forum of a big gun board. I tend to try not to get into politics and religion too much now but do now and then. I also have my own black powder forum and we don't allow the discussions. I've seen too many forums ripped apart by them.