Banning guns to hard, soo ban bullets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Lead bullet ban awaits panel

Fish and Game Commission considering four possible courses of action

By KEVIN HOWE

Herald Staff Writer

A possible ban on lead bullets for hunting will be on the state Fish and Game Commission agenda when it meets next month in Bodega Bay.
    The commission voted unanimously at its Feb. 2 meeting in Monterey to serve notice of its intent to amend hunting regulations for 2007-2010 with an aim of eliminating lead bullets in the California condor range

Rest of the story here http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/16850258.htm
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I was wondering when that would start.figured it would come after shot shells and complaints of lead problems at ranges
  3. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

It sounds reasonable. Lead is a poison, and its only stopping lead rounds used in hunting. However if they get this,and:mad they go for other stuff, then theyl go to far.:mad:

Then again I dont live in California so my opinion doesnt count for much.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

i really dont see the problem if they just ban them from hunting... todays jacketed bullets are far more effective on game than most lead bullets are anyway. as long as they dont ban them all together ill keep quiet. i likes to lob lead down the way with me ole' six shootah.
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

The attitude that "I can live with that being taken away from me" is exactly how they want you to feel...They wont ever take enough at one time to cause a revolt...Just one tiny piece of the pie at a time...Untill your pie is gone.

Wake up folks!

Crp
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Well how about if I ban you from posting? Not that I can, nor am I suggesting so, But you are only one person and its not me getting banned so what would it matter?
  7. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

I'm not sure that taking lead off the list of things to make a bullet out of is really that terrible of an idea. However, how many rounds are going to be fired at game? Not mention the fact that lead is a naturally occuring element. But if they insist; I would like to be offered an equally advantageous metal to be used for bullets and the same price. I suggest they allow bulletcasters and shooters to purchase gold at the lead price so they can make safe bullets out of an equally workable metal. I know it would be hard for us to get over having to shoot yellow bullets; but that is the price one must pay to be environmentally safe.
  8. clmanges

clmanges New Member

The Lone Ranger had a solution to the lead problem . . .
  9. A-MEN to that, Donny! The anti-gunners are playing the "one piece at a time" game, and they are winning!
  10. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Donny I couldn't agree with you more. I use Speer Grand slam bullets.Yes I know they are coated (not all lead bullet) but where will the cutoff point be, 50-50 lead' no lead at all. The California condor probably never ate a 150 gr. bullet fired from a 270 into a deer in this century. Why don't we also outlaw High Voltage Power transmission line. They might light on them and get Electrocuted.Lets get rid of airplanes over Kalifornia-they might hit the birds.
    Better yet lets take a long and hard look at the Endangered Species Act. I think it needs completely revised. Opps sorry (Ya got me fared up on this'n):rolleyes: Yea, Yea I know I will get some flack from at least one or two individuals on my comments here but I have fairly broad shoulders and can handle the heat. The bottom line is that the green nuts will use any and all regulations to outlay us out of the woods and off the water. Just my opinion. catfish
  11. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

You are so right.