Baretta .25 w/ Safety?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Vladimir, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

My uncle took me outside this morning at brunch and showed me his old Baretta .25 he carries. That thing was sick. I want something I can carry even where I am not supposed to. I am a big guy (FAT) so don't really have room around the waist for anything more :D aka pocket is the way to go.

However, I cannot find this thing anywhere. I think it is discontinued. I have seen several similar online, with one major difference. This had one of those hand safeties (in the back of the grip). I would never carry something without any sort of mechanical safety in my pocket. I have a DA USP and I would never trust that in my pocket!

I could, but I would not have a round in the chamber. I am not so concerned about that honestly, but when we are talking the number of rounds in these small pistols, one less round is a big difference.

The .25 might not stop everything, but my uncle put it well, "I would not want to get hit with three or four of those." And as we all know, the tool is only useful if it is on you.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I believe you are out of luck.
    http://www.berettacollection.com/smallframe/smallframe.html

I was surprised. I thought you had your guns confused, and were thinking about a Colt, maybe. I did not know that Beretta ever made guns with grip safeties. But, there they are.

The only current-made Beretta 25 is the 950, which has both an external hammer and a thumb safety, but no grip safety. You could carry it hammer down on a loaded round, and cock it as you drew, or carry it cocked and locked, like a 1911.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Vlad, why not step up a little on the firepower, and take a look at the .380's that are out there. I own the LCP, and it conceals well in the pocket.
  4. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I'm with Carver on that. I carry a Taurus .380 in a pocket holster. It fits great in my right front pocket, very concealed and easy to draw.
  5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The 950 is no longer in production.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Damn. Behind the times again.