1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

bargin scope?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by da357mag, Oct 26, 2009.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

Im getting a cz 452 lux next week and I am going to scope it. I have experence with bushnell, I have a 3-9x40 on an air rifle and am quite pleased with it. Now where I am getting this rifle the clerk told me he had a centerpoint scope, it is a 4-16x40AO he got at wallyworld for about $70
    bucks, he's got it on a rifle( he didn't say what brand) in .300 rem mag,
    so I guess I wouldn't have to worry abuut recoil! Anyway I have never heard of centerpoint, and was wondering if you all have, I will be happy to hear what you all have.
  2. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

I have one of those I've used on my RWS/Hammerli 850 - CO2/HPA. It's a decent mil-dot scope. Recoil on a .22 is very mild compared to an air rifle - I would think it would be OK. Frankly, I'd hesitate to put one on much stronger than that. You might also look at a BSA 3-12x airgun scope - I've used one on my RWS 52 (magnum springer) for a year and a half - rock solid.
  3. da357mag

da357mag New Member

Thanks I have a a gammo and I thought about trying one on it as the packeging says
    it will take a recoil up to a .416 Rigby, but them agin im aware of the different recoil
    of a springer air rifle! The bushnell I have on it now will work and I think I will try the center point on the .22. Thanks
    DA
  4. whichfinger

whichfinger New Member

Center Point is made by Crosman. I've read comments on various forums ranging from they are a terrific value to what a POS. Not much help I guess. You pays yer money and you takes yer chances. Goggle "Center Point scopes" and see what pops up.
  5. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

Actually, you'd probably have better luck with "centerpoint scopes". And I don't think that Crosman makes them. I believe they are made in China and sold by a Crosman subsidiary.
  6. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

True
  7. whichfinger

whichfinger New Member

Buncha nitpickers. :p
  8. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

if the scope is 70 dollars that is exactley what you are getting. I have seen them at meijer and wal marts on the shelves but i have to say i would never use one.
  9. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

Maybe you should rethink that decision. It ain't a bad scope. I used one for airgun Field Target this year - that's a rather demanding sport - and it worked fine. You don't need to spend $1000 to get a decent scope.
  10. Win73

Win73 New Member

Let me tell you about my bargain scope. I was in my favorite gun shop one day. He had a bunch of 4 power fixed scopes on sale. The brand was Rocky Mountain Optics. He had them marked for $15. I figured that if you could see through it at all it was worth $15. I bought one figuring I would stick it on one of my .22 rifles. However I had gotten my .50 caliber muzzleloader and it was about time for deer season. I stuck it on the .50 cal and tried it out. It seemed to do all right when I zeroed it. I then killed a nice buck on opening day of muzzleloader season. I know I should get a better scope but that one is still doing just fine and it is about time for deer season to open again. So maybe next year.
  11. G-Mann

G-Mann Member

Bought a Marlin 881 with a Tasco scope back in 1994. Could not hold a group. Went through a list of finding the problem. At first I thought that I just needed more practice. I ended up taking a chance and bought a Nikon Prostaff 4x32 fixed. Problem solved! :)
  12. kansas45

kansas45 Member

The Center Point 4-16x40 is not a POS. I have three of them. Two are on .22 rifles & used regulary. The third has been mounted on a AR15, .223 & .308 Tikka's & several .22 rifles. It is about to find a home on my Remmy 522 Speedmaster.
  13. da357mag

da357mag New Member

Thanks for the imput, everybody I think the rifle is going to have tha wally world
    scope after all! Im glad to hear good things (or bad) about new products. Saves money
    in the long run! DAM
  14. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Buy it from a place that will let you return it. Take a good hard look through it before you mount it and decide.....
  15. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I bought a Center Point 3x9x32 AR22 Series; red/green illuminated Mil-Dot Recticle for my Ruger 77/22 and bought it at wally world for $54 and never used one before. And it came with the rings and the flip-open covers.
    IMO I'd like to put one on every 22 rifle I own...totally impressed! Mine says as well it is tested up to a .416 Rigby...however havent gone that far "yet" consider the field of view. For a 22 cal. I would highly recomend it.