Barns X triple shock....

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by BlueTic, May 1, 2004.

1. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Any of you guys try out these Triple Shocks. It sure shows if you have any weak case shoulders - course the brass was getting a little used on one lot. I'm heading over to the range tomorrow with a bunch of those and Nosslers for my .280s. I picked up those in 140 grn and had a 1/2 box of 120 grn Barns Xs. They are saying you can use 1-2 grains more of powder because of less surface friction in the barrel. I'm useing both H4350 and H4831SC to see which runs better.....
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Let us know how it goes, BlueTic! I have a .270 in which I like the Speer Grand Slam 150 gr bullet and H4831SC powder!
  3. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Well - Finaly got out of the house - after all the "Honey Doooos".
    The Triple Shocks beat out the Noslers at the 200m range.
    2 1/2" - 5 shot group was my best with the Barns, and 4" and above with the Noslers... My Ruger # 1 beat out my Remington 700, but I have a 6-18x scope on the Ruger and a 3-9x on the Remington... Took along my Contender to shoot when the barrels were cooling - it is just fun to shoot in .223.
    I think I'll keep the loads the same for the Ruger and play around with powder amounts on the Remington.....
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sounds like a winner there BlueTic. Gonna work up a load there? Keep us informed. Thanks and good luck.