Barrel Fowling

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by madc0w2000, Jul 16, 2007.

1. madc0w2000

madc0w2000 New Member

That is one thing I have noticed reading the forums, that power is not everything. In fact, I saw on one forum a formula that you use to show you the maximum amount of powder that you can put in a BL that will be COMPLETELY burned before exiting the muzzle. With mine being a 28" barrel, the formula says that anything over 63Gr of BP will be just blown out the barrel. So I can see there is ALOT of experimenting to do, but once you get her dialed in, I truely believe that she can stand up to a modern firearm using iron sights at 100yds!!

Can not say thank you enough times for the help I have recieved from this forum!!!