Barry O'Drama May Skirt Congress to Ban Semiautomatics

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by montezumaz, Nov 21, 2012.

1. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dksjPJLgBJk

An anti-gun owner initiative considered in Washington could lead to massive civil disobedience and a severe domestic crisis,” gun law expert John Snyder said today. “According to confidential information,” he continued, “forces linked with the administration suggest the government classify semiautomatic firearms and multiple capacity ammunition feeding devices as Title 2 National Firearms Act items under the Gun Control Act of 1968. “Under this scenario, semiautomatics and high capacity magazines could be acquired only with great difficulty and at great expense by America’s estimated 100 million law-abiding firearms owners.”
    “The Obama gang probably realizes it would have a possibly insurmountable difficulty getting a semi auto ban, such as that considered by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (CA-D) and others, through Congress,” Snyder noted. “Congressional Second Amendment supporters already are preparing for such a battle. During the Clinton years, Congress enacted a partial, temporary semiauto ban but allowed it to sunset after 10 years because of its lack of significant negative impact on crime. The Obama administration now may order the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to take the classification step. Some gun-grabbers view the designation of Street Sweeper shotguns as Title 2 firearms during the Clinton administration as precedent for such a move.
    “For several years, various groups and individuals have discussed the anti-gun owner proclivities of the administration. Obama anti-gun owner activities have involved the promulgation of anti-gun federal regulations, the appointment of anti-gun judges to the federal courts, including the Supreme Court, and the appointment of anti-gun personnel to other high federal positions, including the attorney generalship of the United States.”
    “It’s been under this attorney generalship that the infamous Fast and Furious federal gun running scandal involving ATF has occurred,” Snyder stated. “The administration may feel that a replacement in that office could facilitate a ratcheting-up of its anti-gun activities with announcement and inauguration of the proposed semiautomatic classification/ban.
    “Such a move surely would galvanize the law-abiding grass roots gun-owning American public into opposition as it never has before. At the very least, it would lead to an action in the U.S. House of Representatives to defund if not eliminate entirely the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. To what it would lead at the very most is anyone’s guess.”
    - John Snyder
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

None of this NFA/GCA stuff is legal to begin with because it contradicts the Second Amendment, but people are so stupid they let their rights be crushed. Yes, this will cause a giant ****storm. It will also force people into buying firearms through black markets because honestly who's gonna go pay thousands of dollars at a gun shop, and register it and do all the PITA paperwork, when they can just buy em cheap in a back alley somewhere?
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

what are we supposed to do with the millions that are already in LAC's hands? turn them in to be destroyed? I don't think so.

if there was a proven cause/effect relationship between gun ownership and crime, guns would have been either banned long ago or all restrictions would be lifted. Since that is not the case, why do these nut job anti-gunners think banning any type of gun or magazine is going to do anything but raise the ratio of armed thugs to LAC's?
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Going after guns causes the Dems more problems than they can handle. The Dems will be banned in the end. If it didn't get them thrown out of office, it would start a war; and they don't have the resources to deal with Americans killing Americans all over our great Country. They never seem to learn how much venom gun control spews in the hearts of Americans.
  5. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Didn't Feinstein say that was her intention this time around?
  6. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Feinstein's been preaching this for over ten years, her and her twin Barbara Boxer are two of the biggest PITAsses that California "owns"....

I think Obama has much bigger problems coming across his plate and messing with the 2nd is going to fade into the sunset as he works to keep WW3 from happening and dragging us into that while still trying to get out of Afghanistan as well as other higher priority issues facing us. If anything he may hand it off to Clinton to get done, and we all see how well she manages that.
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It would be a big mistake on his part. Gun control is no longer a popular issue. The NRA has Democrats in my state rated A+ on gun rights. Not all of them but a good number. They could never come up with the votes needed to pull this off.

gun control.png
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  8. norahc

norahc Active Member

Looking at gvw3's signature
    I just realized how oBo and company is going to pull this off...they're going to have OSHA deal with it as a workplace hazard.
  9. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

They don't need the votes to accomplish this, the Supreme Court will carry out the mission. Obummer has already put two flaming liberals on the Court, Anthony Kennedy is set to retire after the first of the year, and Ruth Bader Ginsberg will be soon to follow. All rulings will be 5 to 4, or 6 to 3 in favor of all liberal dictates after this happens. Popular votes, Congressional and Senatorial votes wont mean a damn thing after this.
  10. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Who is going to pay extra to comply with laws that they feel are inherently wrong?

Well, I do. Anyone who has paid for the tax stamp (and there are many of us here on TFF) has done just that.

Could I have bought a silencer for a lot less? Yep. I could also cut down the barrel on one of my shotguns for free, but I won't do it.
    Instead, I've been trying for the last couple years to find a barreled SxS 12 gauge action that has never had a stock mounted to it. Ideally with external hammers.
    SBSs are banned in Indiana, so I need something that has never been a shotgun so that I can make an AOW rather than an SBS. And it's just about impossible to find. I've got probably $200+ invested in my time on this project (and I work for cheap).

So long as it is possible to comply with the law, it's cheaper and easier to do so. I want the laws changed, but I don't want CampingJosh v. United States to be the test case. :cool:
  11. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Being a Navy-OSH safetynazi, guns are not a work place hazard unless you are law enforcement, then the work place hazard is on the range during requals, and that's from noise and lead exposure.. There is more to fear from electrical and chemical HAZMAT.
  12. norahc

norahc Active Member

You're forgetting how much of a workplace hazard that an armed, law abiding citizen presents to the criminal element.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Poor choice of words there norahc. We've got to be careful how we say things lest our words be misconstrued. An edit might be a good idea.
  14. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

Absolutely right, I have a little phrase that I put along at the end of my posts and comments usually. When the topic is of a political nature, the phrase is omitted............note the smiley face icon.
  15. norahc

norahc Active Member

Good point....edit made.