Barry O'Drama Urges Viloation of WARN Act

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by montezumaz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

After O"Drama guidance, Lockheed won't issue layoff notices this year
    http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hil...ed-martin-wont-issue-layoff-notices-this-year

Lockheed Martin and other defense contractors backed down from issuing layoff notices to employees on Monday after the Obama administration promised to pick up the tab for severance costs resulting from sequestration. The news provided welcome relief for President Obama, who faced the prospect of mass layoff notices in battleground states just days before the election, and outraged Republicans, who accused the administration of bending the law to hide job losses from the public. The White House issued guidance on Friday that said the government would cover the costs if contracts are canceled and layoffs occur due to the automatic spending cuts set for 2013. But that offer would be null and void for any contractor that issues job-loss warnings before sequestration begins. That guidance prompted Lockheed Martin ... which led the industry charge for mass layoff notices tied to the Jan. 2 start date for sequestration ... to say it would not send any notices this year. Republicans, who have been arguing the notices should be sent, blasted the Obama administration for strong-arming defense firms. - Jeremy Herb