Barry will give a speach.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Charlie the sniper, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Charlie the sniper

Charlie the sniper New Member

England, thats the USN aircraft carrier near europ
    I see that Barry is going to give a speech, that will be aimed at Muslims. Oh, and he will be asking the Israelis to give up some of their settlements.:rolleyes:
  2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    I thought he was against torture...
  3. Charlie the sniper

4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Really, that going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl.
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well Barry can relate to the Muslims. After all, he is one himself.
  6. Charlie the sniper

He did an interview on British TV tonight, seems strange that he told us Brits about it, before he told America.
  7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Was it Barry giving the interview, or was it Mr. Teleprompter?:p
  8. OBrien

OBrien New Member

Does it matter? I always thought they were one in the same.
  9. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

From The Times (UK) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6418576.ece

June 3, 2009

Barack Obama on landmark mission to rebuild ties with Muslim world

(photo here: A souvenir shop displaying a T-shirt for sale reading "Obama, new Tutankhamon of the world" in Cairo)

President Obama’s arrival in Saudi Arabia today marks the first leg of a landmark Middle East visit to reach Muslims and mend ties damaged under the eight-year Administration of his predecessor, George Bush.

The three-day visit, including an address to the Muslim world at Cairo University tomorrow, is seen as a vital step in his efforts to relaunch peace efforts between Israel and the Palestinians.

Mr Obama has signalled that he will take a more even-handed approach than Mr Bush, who gave Israel a free hand to expand the growth of Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank.

Israel has bridled at US demands that it should freeze all construction in the settlements and East Jerusalem. Ehud Barak, the Israeli Defence Minister, flew to Washington last night to lobby the US President one more time. Israel says that the half million Jews who live in the territories cannot be prevented from having children, marrying or building houses. At the outset of his trip Mr Obama issued his sternest warning yet to Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister. “I believe that strategically the status quo is unsustainable when it comes to Israel’s security,” Mr Obama said in an interview with the US broadcaster NPR. “Over time, in the absence of peace with Palestinians, Israel will continue to be threatened militarily and will have enormous problems on its borders.”

He said that the sobering message to Israel was meant as a friendly warning. “Part of being a good friend is being honest,” said the President, who held talks with Mr Netanyahu last month at the White House. Mr Netanyahu has refused to accept the idea of an independent Palestinian state, which Washington sees as a cornerstone of Middle East peace.

Mr Obama is said to be basing his approach on a seven-year-old Saudi peace initiative, whereby Israel would gain acceptance from the Muslim world if it withdrew from the lands it took in 1967.

He is expected to encourage Arab states to allow more political freedom and respect for human rights. Some critics said that his meetings with the oil-rich Saudi King and President Mubarak, who has ruled Egypt for almost three decades, could undermine his message of reform in the region.

Mr Obama told the BBC that he hoped America could be a role model to the Muslim world. “Democracy, rule of law, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, those are not simply principles of the West to be hoisted on these countries — but rather what I believe to be universal principles that they can embrace and affirm as part of their national identity.”

Ayman al-Nour, Egypt’s most renowned dissident who was jailed for three yearsin 2005, voiced dismay that the US leader was not making a more explicit call for reforms. “We are astonished with the approach that ignores civil society and political parties,” he said. “We see there is a retreat from campaign promises [on democracy promotion] and that there is an attempt to separate American principles and American interests.”

Asked about US backing for the Egyptian regime, which according to human rights groups holds thousands of political prisoners, Mr Obama was evasive, refusing to say whether he would call Mr Mubarak authoritarian. “I tend not to use labels for folks*,” he said.

*4Evr's Note: No...he doesn't use labels...but his ad.ministration is allowed to label his fellow "co.untrymen," (for the sake of argument) calling them te.rrorists just because they want their go.vernment to uphold their co.nstitutional rig.hts!)
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  10. obxned

obxned New Member

More bowing and butt-kissing.
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

There once was a POTUS named Obama,
    Who was birthed in Kenya by his Momma,
    His certificate can't be found,
    We're getting the run around,
    Now we'll lose the U.S. because of this Drama.

(Alternate ending: Too much dribbled down the leg of his Papa)
  12. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yeah, I wonder who he's going to bend over for this time??? :eek:

I wish he'd quit apologizing to the world for all our sins, the bad guys are going to see it as a sign of our weakness and then we'll be in trouble agian.:mad:

If I was Israel, I'd just thumb my nose at him!:p
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  13. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    GOING to see it as a sign? They saw those signs back in November, as did those Americans willing to look beyond the U.S.A branch of Pravda (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc., etc.). But hey, the ChiComs now own Hummer, so everything is right with the world.
  14. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Another speech I didn't listen too. Why would I? He's just going to lie again.
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Can't stand the man! When the news does a story on him, I change the channel. I can't stand the man!