Basic NFA Facts

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by headsup111, Sep 12, 2011.

1. headsup111

headsup111 New Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am attempting to understand all the WONDERFUL laws put in place by our BENEVOLENT, LOYAL and TRUSTED government. I would appreciate a thorough explanation of this group of weapons. I like guns. I use them for a living in the Marines. I despise rules for them in regards to individuals using them lawfully. Unfortunately, as with the Marine Corps, people in high places all have their opinions and tend to ruin good things by making excessive rules about them. I am no ignoramus, however, I do not understand lawyer-speak. Any assistance with the basic definitions of NFA weapons and the restrictions on them would be much appreciated.
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

There are two sets of regulations: federal and state.

Federally, it is possible (with appropriate tax paid) to own a silencer, machine gun, short-barrel shotgun, short-barrel rifle, destructive device, or "any other weapon" (AOW).

Your state may outright ban one or more of these items. In some states, ownership is permitted, but using the item is illegal. In many states, compliance with Federal regulations is all that is required.

So, where do you live? And welcome to TFF!