BATF&E commits a felony?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I'm sure that someone did, but they are the law right? Who would better know the law.

Does this mean that everyone that votes for more gun control is committing a felony? Democrats beware, and some Republicans too.
  2. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

Startin to sound the like the book I'm reading.

"Enemies, foriegn and domestic".
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Sounds interesting, who is the author?
  4. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

Mathew Bracken

Great book, I'm near the end.
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

BATFE couldn't have committed a felony.

Didn't you know that they have no law applicable to them and can do no wrong????????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  6. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

You don't know how true your statement is! :mad: That is their mine set. MOST BATF agents I've met believe that the NRA and gun owners are the "enemy"! The also believe they are above the law. The agency is out of control. :( :mad:

I'm sure there are good BATF agents, Ive just never met one that didn't have the above attitude.
  7. And should be abolished, Wolf! Those SOBs are as bad or worse than the IRS, stormtroopers in suites. :mad:
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Amen Pistol I second that, and everything else everybody said about the BATF$E.
  9. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

There was talk of "merging" the BATF with another federal agency in the 90's. The deal breaker was they could not find an agency that wanted to take their agents. That speaks volumes!!! :eek: :(
  10. I'm not surprised, Wolf. After all, who would want rejects from the German SS? :mad:
  11. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:mad: 99% of the BATF Agents make the other 1% look bad :eek:
  12. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

http://www.tripoli.org/documents/batfe/2006.02.10OralArgumentDecision.pdf

This is an interesting read. It basically describes how a Federal Judge explained to the ATFE that just because they're *supposed* to be experts at something, they can't make an arbitrary decision and make it stick, just because they say so.

Folks, this is a disturbing path the ATFE is taking. If they manage to exclude rocket motors from the definition of "propellant actuated devices" which are supposed to be EXEMPT from the Safe Explosives Act, then they have a precedent to start excluding anything else they desire from exemptions, just because they don't like it.
  13. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

They pretty much already have that power. Title 18 U.S.C, Chapter 44, Section 925(d)(3) gives the Secretary of the Treasury (now the Secretary of Justice I assume) the power to arbitrarily decide which rifles are "particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes". One single man has the power to ban firearms from importation if he thinks it's not "sporting". Congress freely gave him that power. And since these types of politicians usually don't know anything about firearms, who do you think they ask for advice? Yup, the BATF. So now the BATF is the ones deciding which firearms they want banned from importation. Unelected agents of our government who cannot be removed from power by the People, are the ones determining which imported firearms we are allowed to keep and bear.
  14. gmatov

gmatov New Member

So, if the importation is your big beef, why don't you try buying a US made arm?

I mean, an H&K or a Glock is the ultimate? A big a**ed 4 stacker, you load with a box and a half of shells? C'mon! How many attackers do you expect, and just how fat ARE you to be able to carry that thing, and not have everybody in the Tri-county area know you carry?

I think it was a fat guy with a big **s mag well who invented the double hand grip, most people can't wrap their mitts around them and use a supportive hand for 2 handed shooting, have to use both to get a grip ON the grip.

Try supporting the US mfgs. 700 buck Colt? Nah, I want a 1200 buck Glock. 700 buck Smith? Nah, I want a 1000 buck Kahr. Or a 1000 buck Beretta or whatever. The Wilsons and the like are no help. 1500 to "tune" your piece.

Where are some of you living, that you need 2 grand of a gun to feel safe? a "combat" weapon, in Chincopee. Any neighbor hears of that, he'll say, "Man, I coulda got a pretty nice car for that much, and it would get me to work every day."

I know, it don't matter, it's what I, capitalized "I" want. And it's supply and demand. They demand this much, you don't want it, hey, someone else will buy it. So you buy it and tomorrow you cry that gas has gone up a nickle a gallon, you can't afford to go to the range to shoot it.

What a f***ed up world this has become.

Some of you guys are to blame. We demand this, or we demand that. But you don't vote to put the sum'bitches out of office, send 'em home to be among the former constituents. No, just keep puttin' them back in. Sooner or later he'll get it right.

Ah, well, never mind, when there are no US mfgs left, few there are now, you might see the point.

Cheers,

George
  15. Meplat

Meplat New Member

"...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

Nuff said.

Don't care for Glocks...but if my fellow shooter wants one, that's HIS business. Not mine. Not yours. Not the BATF's.

Don't care for Colt's particularly either, unless you're talking SAA's, (which I DO love) and those aren't normally on the CCW list. They still fall under the "...shall not be infringed" banner, so if that is your liking, have at it.

Carry a double stack Sig myself. Have no trouble at all shooting it two hand Weaver modified, strong side one hand or weak side one hand.

Had a Model 29 8 3/8" .44 Smith...even with two hands, it was a handful.

Also have a Springfield Armory fully customized long slide that took a little trip to the Bagby Custom Shop, came back oh so sweet. Not much of a carry piece though, unless you are that big dude from the Green Mile.

Have anything in YOUR house that is foreign made that you don't absolutely "need"? Real ugly path that one...
  16. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

I don't mind paying a decent price for a license to own something. I get a little pissy when the idea is that you "can't have" something. In a free country; can't have is a big problem. I work on imports for the most part; might even say I love imports. The main problem we have with imports is not guns (except those produced in communist or former communist countries); it lies in the goods produced in slave labor countries. Cutting away Chinese products or highly inflating their tariff is the only way to save our collective posteriors.

I think the BATFE should be absorbed by the national sewage inspection department; so that they can run into some of their ideas in use. To be in the BATFE; I think that a school specializing in one of the initials should be absolutely necessary. Alcohol, tobacco, firearms or explosives; either you have a bachelor's in each or you can only enforce or inform on that particular to your degree. I also believe that under states rights they should only be allowed to enforce federal law after the state or municipal districts have made an arrest.

Fighting terrorism is a great and wonderful endeavor. I don't see why law-abiding citizens should suffer the loss of rights because of criminals. If we don't like someone at a federal level; why the hell did we let them immigrate here? Maybe if the idiots would enforce the laws already on the books we wouldn't have to create new laws for non-existant problems.

Where is Teddy Roosevelt when you need him? :mad: