'Batman' who was arrested says he has good intentions

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by FreeWill, Oct 18, 2012.

1. FreeWill

FreeWill Former Guest

2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

"Dressing up in my costume, as Batman, is my way of saying that it's not up to the government to save us."

Oh yea thats what it says

Williams is due in court Thursday. Police said they arrested him in part because they didn't want a tracking dog to follow him. He wasn't carrying any dangerous weapons, but his costume and gear were confiscated, police said.

Great now there is some cop dressing up like batman living out his sexual fantasies.

Williams said he dresses up as Batman and tries to go out every Friday and Saturday, and sometimes on Thursdays, with a partner who dresses up as Batgirl. They patrol from about 10 p.m. to 3:30 a.m., both on foot and in a vehicle.

Revenge of the nerds come to mind
  3. FreeWill

FreeWill Former Guest

Well I find his actions inspiring to quote form the article; "I don't want to be a police officer. I think what police officers do is great, but it's up to each person to take a stand and do something to make things better," Williams told the Petoskey News-Review. "A lot of times, what I've seen from situations I've been in, people see something going on and think the police will handle it, but if nobody calls the police or takes a stand, it's not going to help.
    Truly a man of wisdom; we should all be more live Batman.
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

His mind and heart is in the right place.
    I would not dress up as a comicbook hero though.
  5. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

So on what legal basis can the police confiscate his costume? :confused: Just because they don't like it? Can they confiscate my Romney tee-shirt too?

Dale
  6. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

Kinda what I was wondering... Obviously the guy is a couple beers short of a six pack, but what law was he breaking?
  7. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I found this story to be so foolish i didn't even think about that. Good point!

Like i said probably some cop is using it casue his wife wants him to dress up like batman. :eek:

Attached Files:

8. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

What I find funny is where he is. You guys ever been there? It is on the northern Lake Michigan shore line. Michigan's version of the Hamptons. The only crime in that town is if someone backs his Audi into your BMW.
  9. RYANINMICHIGAN

I find the whole Batman thing funny too BTW.
  10. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Did ya really think he'd be walkin the D. That would have lasted 10 minutes......... :eek:
  11. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

does he patrol in a batmobile? We call this 5150 here.
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Generally it is against the law to walk around with a mask on.
  13. RYANINMICHIGAN

No it's not..
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/21/325014/new-york-150-years-wall-street-protest/?mobile=nc
    NY State. Been on the books for 150 years. Still illegal.

http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/mcs/maskcodes.html
    MICHIGAN

750.396 Wearing Mask or face covering device.
    Sec. 396. A person who intentionally conceals his or her identity by wearing a mask or other device covering his or her face for the purpose of facilitating the commission of a crime is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00, or both.
    History: 1931, Act 328, Eff. Sept. 18, 1931 ;-- CL 1948, 750.396 ;-- Am. 2002, Act 672, Eff. Mar. 31, 2003
    Former Law: See sections 1 and 2 of Act 276 of 1923, being CL 1929, §§ 16609 and 16610.

That last link - different states have different ways of looking at it. Florida, for example, outlaws wearing a mask in public "with the intent" to do crime. You would still get arrested, but if you could prove you had no "criminal intent", they'd have to let you go. Georgia, on the other hand, outlaws it completely, except for celebrating holidays. But many states, including Michigan, have a law against going masked.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  15. RYANINMICHIGAN

That could be read in a couple different ways. I read it as an accessory charge. As in, you robbed a bank AND you had a mask on. Not merely the act of wearing a mask as being illegal but to commit another crime while wearing a mask. Just like I can walk down the street with a pistol on my hip but the minute I use it to commit a crime there is a separate charge for that also. Given the weather here you can see masked men any given day in February.